yellowing leaves/purple stems

Guest bacchus

Guest bacchus

hey guys.....

i have a dodgy looking little plant that i rescued from a friend (you can check i out in my post in growing techniques "exercise in tying down") that has been growing pretty well outdoors...

recently she has started showing purple stems and yellowing (patchy) on her leaves, largely on the shade leaves although the new flowering growth seems to be ok for now....i heard these things can be a sign of phosphorous defficiency....can anyone recommend an orgainc fert high in phosphorous safe to use during the early stages of flowering...up until now she hasn't been fed anything but seasol....any help would be appreciated ....

cheers

bacchus

Edited by bacchus

from what little i know a deficciency in phosphorous is usually characterised by leaves turning darker, red or purple, not yellow??? if it is P defficiency dynamic all purp is about the highest in P (2.4), otherwise u could go 4 fish (about 2) sorry that is 4 organic these should be safe to use near budding (P should be less than K)

r your shade leaves mottled? could be zn deficiency?

good luck :P

Guest bacchus

cheers for your help u can call me herb...

shade leaves are aren't particularly mottled, just yellowing...( i realise that this can be normal)

it is the overall lack of colour and the mottling that concerns me....

just checked out some nutrient problem pics on overgrow and the syptoms fall under a few of the deficiencies...aaargghh :P ...just kidding....this is somewhat of an experimental grow, so it won't be the end of the world if i can't rectify it...

but again u can call me herb, cheers for your help, i will try your tips and see how i go... :P

Sounds like you may have a sativa dominant in flower and if the nights are turning pretty cool that could account for the purpling.

http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/ruinkai/coolgleamA.gif http://64.207.13.28/mysmilies/otn/glasses/smokin.gif

Sounds like you may have a sativa dominant in flower and if the nights are turning pretty cool that could account for the purpling.

http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/ruinkai/coolgleamA.gif http://64.207.13.28/mysmilies/otn/glasses/smokin.gif

yeah plus purple stems are a genetic trait in some strains. my plants have purple stems and they've never been below 25 degrees........ in the dark cycle. :P

Edited by pipeman

i get the purple stems aswell when we had a cold bunch of nights a while ago it happened and now that the nights are getting cooler they are going purple again, with purple shades on the stems.

i have two mothers that are almost symetrically alike and another smaller plant from the same seed (i think) the two mums are pure sativa and the other hasn't had as much light input and seems to be some indica presence, i'm not sure if this accounted to the light or what but from my experience and all that i've read the purple stems are generally a trait associated with certain strains (usually sativa)

all my plants even a blueberry indica have been getting more and more purple as the nights get colder. it's nothing to be worried about and looks great imo

as for the yellowish shading on the fan leaves, if it is only really minor, kind of like semi transparent paint splatter, i have this to and my plants don't seem to be lacking anything, and have noticed no dramatic change from differring nute levels.

try giving it a half-dose of 'thrive' fertiliser if it is only in early flowering which since they are outdoor & sativa they should be. this will just give the plant(s) more lift if your worried, and give it a final boost prior to flowering for added size/yiled/health. If your not into it then don't do it.

generally unless the leaves are curling irregularly, going real yellow/brown or falling off or there is no dramatic problem.

feel free to keep the questions coming :P

happy flowering

cheers, Boe

Guest bacchus

hey guys....thanks for your suggestions, your help as always is greatly appreciated....

mmm, i thought that the cooler temps might be causing the purple colouration....

might just keep an eye on it and see how we go, the plant does seem to be growing nicely with the exception of those little probs.....

will keep you posted on how we go....

cheers again guys... :P