my new meds

WantDaChronic

Question

I ran out of buds close to a week ago, since then i have smoked a heap of leaf and ended up buying a $50 deal which made me relize i have smoked about $10,000 worth of $50 deals in the past few months :peace: Since I cant afford to continue smoking like i have in the past, i had no choice other than to go to a doctor and get some medication to get some sleep and to relieve the pain i live with 24/7 thanks to pinched nerves and scoliosis :ph34r: anyways a long story short, i have ended up replacing marijuana, my medicine and drug of choice for 4 new drugs, each of them being highly addictive and according to my doctor the chances are i'll be on them for years to come, if not the rest of my life :)

I ended up getting good panadol aka panadine forte, moxicam which is an anti-inflamatory and can kill me if i take asprin, valium and temazepam. the doctor said those drugs should help me out, but i can always go back to him when ever and get stronger meds if need be :yahoo: while i admit that im in a considerably less amount of pain that what im in when totally straight, not being able to take asprin, drink alcohol and feeling like my brain has slowed down to about 10% of how fast it should be running feels downright shit :crazy:

I found it suprising that i didnt relize how much pot was helping me until i started going without it. like i knew it was supressing the pain, helping my muscles relax, etc. but compared to the meds im currently on, marijuana performed better in every aspect i can think of with far fewer possible side effects :peace: its amazing how well marijuana has worked for me and its even more amazing that it takes 4 phamacutical meds to equal 1 plant :photo:

its a real shame bob carr didnt actually get that med pot trial off the ground here in nsw. since i now know it would have prevented me from going on 3 or 4 other meds, let alone what it would have done to millions of other patients in nsw alone, its not suprising that trial was stopped before it even begun :applause: it just sucks that money is put ahead of a patient's health and recovery :greedy:

Hey mate it sux being on all those drugs and if u do get hooked on and want to come off them it is a bitch, the pain of coming off all that shit will be worse than the pain u have with ya back, i have been there and i can tell you it is utter hell coming off all those pills.

So i guess what i an trying to say is only take the pills when it gets to the point were u cant handel it any more because it becomes to easy to quick to just say i will pop one now just in case and it gets to the point were u dont need em any more for the pain but because u are hooked on them.

Grow hard mate and go back to smoking pot as that wont fuk ya over like all those pills will.

its pretty scary hey oz :greedy: addiction can become really over powering and it was one of the main reasons i stayed away from getting the drugs for as long as i have :peace: on that note though, my next grow is finally starting to come together as my clones are getting ready to throw out some roots and before long i will hopefully be off these nasty pills :applause:

it has been really cold thismorning and my body was aching like crazy so i decided to take a few of the pills. I decided to only take enough to match to pain numbing properties of pot and have since given up on that because i have already taken 2 valium, 2 panadine forte and the muscle relaxant :) honestly that level of intake has scared the shit out of me and im not going to be taking anything until such times as i just cant bare the pain any more or i havent slept if 3 or 4 days, which ever comes last :yahoo:

I found it suprising that i didnt relize how much pot was helping me until i started going without it. like i knew it was supressing the pain, helping my muscles relax, etc. but compared to the meds im currently on, marijuana performed better in every aspect i can think of with far fewer possible side effects smile.gif its amazing how well marijuana has worked for me and its even more amazing that it takes 4 phamacutical meds to equal 1 plant laugh.gif

You're spot on WantDaChronic. I found the same thing a while ago. Doctor was surprised that i didn't seem to be taking much panedine forte. It was then that i reaslised how much the pot helped. I find the panedine forte O.K. if you take it occasionally, but I really hate valium. Makes me feel like a zombie.

I find pot also has an added benefit of making you feel better psychologically as well. Injury can be pretty depressing but you have a smoke and actually feel like doing things.

Luckily for me I only suffer from flare ups of my condition (so far) so I don't need meds all the time. These laws need changing.

I'm sitting in the same boat, I was up to 1500mg of Vicodin along with a muscle relaxer (Flexaril) every 4 hours, and with pot I notice that I forget to take them unless I'm out somewhere and can't smoke. I've used Panadine, and the difference is that I'm taking hydrocodone a synthetic codiene, and panadine is codiene phosphate. They're about the same. both constipate and sometimes nausiate.

I have arthritis in my spine the worst being that bone spurs have grown and are pressing on nerves.

Falling asleep is hard, but waking up REALLY hurts like hell.

I found that edibles help more and last longer.

The pills are nasty, but they're better than the pain, and you'll get off them, because you did without them before and you can do it again. I have, lots of times.

All these politicians need to see the 80 year old people going to the compassion clubs in California. Really, do these pompous asses think the elderly are there to party?!?

Edited by Granny

I went through a hell of a time giving up benzos and lost a good portion of my memory from drinking with them. I couldn't agree more that the side effects of giving up these drugs will be far worse than the side effects of giving up MJ. So only take as necessary and in extreme moderation if you can. (that said it's easier for me as I only really use to treat anxiety, not pain.)

peace

moKing

damn granny, your back sounds really bad B) i think i'll stop my complaining about the pain :D

I went through a hell of a time giving up benzos and lost a good portion of my memory from drinking with them. I couldn't agree more that the side effects of giving up these drugs will be far worse than the side effects of giving up MJ.

damn thats no good at all lol I have already found out that my memory is severly affected while on these meds and they really do a number on me as well :D yesterday i was really thirsty and craving a ciggy so i poured up a glass of chocolate milk, rolled a ciggy and then packed up a cone of leaf. no kidding, about 30 mins goes by and my mrs asked if we were going to smoke up any time soon and i say yeah ok and sparked the ciggy up. 2 mins after the ciggy has been smoked, i said oh shit you wanted to go halfs in a smoke to my mrs and started rolling another...i think this emoticon best displays what i saw on her face when i said that B) and here was mine B) hehehe about an hour later i was about to get up and get a drink when i saw that i had already poured up a chocolate milk which was now room temperature B)

that experience was enough for me, im staying clear of these pills until im in tears or im desperate for some sleep lol

yeah i would love to see a bud bank for users like yourselves too, i can put up with my prob ( only tinitus; ringing in the ears caused by vertigo ) but can not imagine the pain you guys and grannies are in.

we could call it (the bud bank that is) "Deals on Wheels" the ambulance for bud delivery for med users. i sympathize with yas and hope ya grow hurries up wdc so you can get off those addictive drugs that have so many side affects. wish i could help ya out dude. LEGALIZE MARIJUANA for med users at least, instead of turning otherwise normal people into drug dependant zombies, mj is the way..................