Vapolution Vaporizer

My vapolution arrived a few days ago and on the weekend i had a chance to give it a good test run. There a bit of a learning curve with the vapolution but it didn't take too long to master. The main thing was working out how hard to suck, If you don't pull hard enough then the bud gets wasted, if you pull too hard the temp goes down and it's not vaporizing properly.

Once i worked out the technique it was smooth sailing, we used alot less bud and got alot more stoned. The high was different to what we were used to (being bong smokers) but it was good. The taste is really nice, it's not something you have to get used to, it just tastes delicious. My two friends who have tried it said they're definitely going to get a vaporizer. These guys have been smoking bongs for many years and were dubious at the idea when i first told them about it.

I was on the tail end of my smoking career, my girlfriend has been giving me a hard time about it and the cancer risk was starting to really worry me. Now that i'm vaping all my worries are gone and the missus likes it since i don't stink like smoke any more. This has been a rebirth with of my love of getting high.

The vapolution has an all glass 'smoke' path - this comes at the expense of ease-of-use, (it is a little trickier than the stand vape but not much and well worth it IMO). I'm not sure what other vapes taste like, but when my friend gets his i'll do a comparison. My understanding is it's the first vape offering an all glass 'smoke' path. The actual level of danger of substances like aluminium is unknown and probably minimal but glass is very inert and i like it.

-Petroz

Have u got a picture of it in action?

I bought a VapoHead Vape and it works but not to my satisfaction. I use more weed than in a bong (or at least the same) for less result.

I've tried heaps in it but can't get great results which is a shame as it's my first experience of a vape.

They are a fantastic way for people like you (and me!) who should be looking out for their health and minimizing the harmful side effects of regular consumption methods IMO.

How much was it?

I agree the taste is good and the house was virtually smokeless for a few days :thumbsup: which made me happy - I'm always worried about giving my pets an illness from the copious amounts of smoke confined within the house!

Jimbo :scratchin:

I'm with Jimbo on this one. Have a VapoHead also and its useless. Can get a minor buzz from it but thats about it.

I have read that the VapoHead styled vaporisers are pretty much the worst kind you can buy though.........

The best ones are meant to work by drawing hot air over the weed, rather than heating it directly.

damn, that's the one my friend is getting. I've haven't spoken to him since he got it a few days ago, I heard from another mate that it didn't work properly. That's a real shame.

As for the efficiency, at times i find myself going though more bud than i used to but it's because alot of the time i think it's spent and it's not even close. I woke up this morning and there was a bowl packed from last night that i got like 3 big clouds from last night. I chucked it back in 20 minutes ago and got two more decent hits out, and now i'm really ripped.

I'm still getting the hang of it but it's a good device. I'll try to get some photos later on.

-Petroz

Edited by Petroz

Yeh that is the model but i got the black one. Mine came bundled with some extra glass tubing things and a battery pack and charger (the charger is 110v so it is useless to me)

It is quite fiddly, while i really enjoy the vapor i get from it i think it might not be ideal for all people. It can be difficult to get started and i still haven't completely mastered it.

The idea is you roll up the bud and put it in the tube (it is then held there by friction), then the tube goes into the hole in the top. Put too much in and there isn't enough airflow, roll too loose and it will fall out, which means it take practice. Rolling the bud up like this can be hard when you've only got little bits left over. It's great when you've got some big fresh buds but when you're at the bottom of the bag it's hard to use. These are all the obvious drawbacks to an all glass vape path, i've read that it's easier to use when it's sideways but i haven't tried this yet.

The long power cord and the battery pack give it quite a bit of portability, the long plastic tube means it can be easy to pass around without moving the device. There are no exposed hot surfaces and it heats up in like 5 minutes. On the other hand it's quite expensive (i paid $300AU) and probably more suited to the vapor purist.

I think this device is great but i think it would be complemented well by a vaporgenie style vaporizer where it's more traditional and you can chop up the herb. Also the affordability, instant heat up time and indelicate nature of the vaporgenie would help make up for any downsides to the Vapolution. Also when i take it to my friends place i need to make sure I've got everything and wrap some of the glass parts up carefully. Nothing has broken yet and I've taken to a few different houses so it's not particularly fragile but the amount of effort it would take to get a replacement part would make it quite inconvenient if something broke.

-Petroz