PH during Flowering

depends on your system....

there's a nutrient uptake chart floatin around somewhere but again it doesn;t take into account the different vagaries of the multiple hydro systems.

bottom line is read your plants, if it looks like a duck an walks like a duck chances are it'll quack.... (unless it;s stoney an that;s a medical prob that we shouldn;t take the piss out of him for)

peace

c

pH is critical but not so critical that there's a significant difference between 5.6 and 5.8-6.1. If 6.1 is the top number, all should be OK.

I know where the idea to do this comes from, that being a graph showing the nutrient uptake at varying pH levels, but the differences in nutrient uptake between 5.3-5.8 (for rockwool) or 5.5-5.8 (clay pellets) and 5.8-6.1 won't be hugely significant.

Won't hurt anything if you elect to run the pH at 5.8-6.1 but I don't think I'd let it wander much higher.

depends on the nutes too,i know advanced nutes recomend 5.6 threwout

medium system etc..strain too even at times

ph sucks but if u can tweak it its a bigger yield obviously

i do coco but am thinking of going perlite again.

u can manipulate the ph to bring out colours too

if im not adding anything to the mix no addatives

except maybe some superthrieve or similar with amount to add

i dont even check the ph just serve her up

bil

Yea its interesting the affect of Ph levels, ive never paid them much mind .. within reason, like i keep it around 5-6 in perlite ...

you are talking about a .2 difference here, i cant see it making a difference i dunno your what you read off but would it even be that accurate

and cause its just a weed i reckon it can handle a reasonable fluctuation and still perform brilliantly ...

Chatos on the money about the look of the plant , its gotta look happy, the leaves ... you know ?

:applause:

i read that the optimal ph for hydro is 5.2, cause they think that the plant takes in the most nutes with this ph....and too drought at the end alittle so the plant produces more oils and better thc when it goes into survival mode.

That's not correct. Look at the attached chart.

In regards to starving them at the end of the grow - yes I agree - but it is to let the plant use up all of it's stored nutes, giving the finished product a better taste and higher resin content. Your plants should look like hell when you are about to harvest.

SS mentions a method of starving them throughout the grow in one of his threads (life cycle of a MJ plant or something?), and I use that and it seems to work fine. Stress in other words.

Jimbo :thumbsup:

post-7898-1187597697_thumb.jpg

Edited by jimbojones5678