Can I clone my plants yet?

I have several Bubblegum in 1 litre pots in soil under 38 watts growlux fluro in a cardboard stealth grow box.

they are at day 23 now. see pic below.

I want to take clones in 5 days time. Can I take the top 3 inches offa the plant and use that as a clone since the plant is only 12cm tall(5 nodes) at moment?...

post-12965-1186478539_thumb.jpg

Although they are at the correct age (3 weeks onwards); I think that because you are growing them under fluro instead of HID lights you may be better off waiting until you have some more growth and thicker stems.

The thicker stems will root better and faster and the mum plant will be stronger and more able to cope with the amputation.

Jimbo :idea:

im hoping they were taken from a female plant to start with or ya wont know till later which are male and which are female

now you could take the tops off and use them but you may as well just repot the ones you have and veg for abit longer and then flower

as you can see low wattage fluro's aint the best for plants as they slow the growth right down i use 2 x 30w fluros till clones pop roots then straight under a 400w or 600w HPS

and my mums live under a 400w HPS or a 400 MH

cheerz

thanks for the advice ppls.

gender is undetirmined Stoney as they were planted from seed.

The plan is to take clones(in 4 days) root them *grin* and then plant them in small pots in soil and keep them under 18/6 PERMANENTLY. They are to be bonsai mother plants and I am planning on keeping them alive for many years..

Meanwhile the plants that the clones are taken from will be put back to 12/12 so I can work out which sex each is and by deduction learn the sex of the clones.

I will wait until Sunday to decide whether to take clones or leave them another week...will update then