help with first ever grow

after smoking the same old boring weed for years ive decided to finally grow some of my own. i will be doing it outdoors in a massive paddock (near melbourne) owned by one of my mates. im looking for something really strong that is either mostly sativa or a good mix of sativa/indica. id like to try white widow but it seems that it can really only be grown indoors? after a bit of searching i narrowed it down to http://www.marijuana-seeds.nl/early-misty.html or http://www.marijuana-seeds.nl/purple_white_widow.html or http://www.marijuana-seeds.nl/haze-marijuana-seeds.html. anyone tried either of these 3 or know of any other that would suit me well (aswell as being not too difficult to grow)? has anyone here purchased seeds from this site before?

also does anyone know of any good videos/books/sites to help me out with my grow. most info i find generally tends to be for indoor setups.

thanks to anyone who can help us out and sorry for all the noob questions.

mate you are in the right place for growing tips for outdoor as well as indoor. you have at your finger tips one of the best forums in the world with lots of very experienced growers from all over the world. here is the link to ozsoners outdoor forum. https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners...hp?showforum=11

any questions just put a post in the topic that it refers to and everyone will read your post and if they can help they usually will, we are a very friendly group.

:rolleyes: i must say k, that purple WW looks really delicious, but where did you ever hear that WW is an indoor strain only?

I have grown WW indoors and out for a couple of years in hydro bubblers, coco coir and soil. And she did me well every time. I don't think you can go wrong with the widow outdoors so please do try it.She's an easy cloner also. Sorry tho i haven't ever ordered seeds from the bank you linked maybe other members have and can give you the heads up on that. The nevilles haze has been 1 i would love to grow and the price is nice!

GL making your decision!

greenmonkee

Edited by greenmonkee

mate you are in the right place for growing tips for outdoor as well as indoor. you have at your finger tips one of the best forums in the world with lots of very experienced growers from all over the world. here is the link to ozsoners outdoor forum. https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners...hp?showforum=11

any questions just put a post in the topic that it refers to and everyone will read your post and if they can help they usually will, we are a very friendly group.

im looking for something that can give detailed step by step instructions on what to do seen as this is my 1st time. ive checked out a few videos but its always about indoor hydro setups and never for outdoors.

i must say sunny, that purple WW looks really delicious, but where did you ever hear that WW is an indoor strain only?

I have grown WW indoors and out for a couple of years in hydro bubblers, coco coir and soil. And she did me well every time. I don't think you can go wrong with the widow outdoors so please do try it.She's an easy cloner also. Sorry tho i haven't ever ordered seeds from the bank you linked maybe other members have and can give you the heads up on that. The nevilles haze has been 1 i would love to grow and the price is nice!

GL making your decision!

i figured it was an indoor only strain simply coz thats what its always listed as when i see it on seed sites. i thought it may be smarter to go for something that is actually listed as an outdoor strain... even though like you said most strains can probably be grown anywhere.

im looking for something that can give detailed step by step instructions on what to do seen as this is my 1st time. ive checked out a few videos but its always about indoor hydro setups and never for outdoors.

i figured it was an indoor only strain simply coz thats what its always listed as when i see it on seed sites. i thought it may be smarter to go for something that is actually listed as an outdoor strain... even though like you said most strains can probably be grown anywhere.

Its not that hard kama, actually growing outdoors is the most natural way to grow a plant. A website can give you an insight into whats better to grow where etc...I'm not one to give advice but its ez, Plant the seed in good soil, give a little water, go slow on the nutes in the beginning and plant where there is plenty of sunshine. I use pots for planting pot, some growers go right into a prepped hole then let mother nature take its course. I'm sure there are plenty of tutes around like sunny said search the outdoor forum threads. As for seed sites recommending in or outdoors preferences for growing...i wouldnt worry about it too much, plus don't believe everything you read anyway, including this post! j/k

Here's a pic a double headed WW flower i grew outdoors in 2004. Gl making your decisions. :rolleyes:

post-12971-1186331419_thumb.jpg

^ its gonna be at the back of a mates paddock so easily accessible to us and hopefully nobody else :rolleyes:. the area its in should get plenty of sunshine all day long. im pretty sure the soil there aint any good so im gonna buy some large pots and some potting mix. we dont have any lights and cant really put them indoors so were gonna just start em outdoors from scratch in september

ok ive been doing a ton of reading and i think i have pretty much everything covered on how to grow... now im just having a lot of trouble deciding on a strain. i was thinking of planting a few celtic stones and a few of something else (originally wanted white widow but not sure anymore)... but now planetskunk doesnt have any celtic stone seeds available :rolleyes:. basically what im after is potency and yeild... i dont care about prices, flowering times, smell, etc. i want one plant to be predominantly sativa and one plant to be predominantly indica. sorry for all the questions its just so hard deciding with such a huge selection... especially when you've only ever smoked no-name weed.

one last question about growing... is it ok to plant the seeds (once theyve germinated) straight into the big pots outdoors where they are going to stay? most ppl say to start them off indoors then move them but i would rather just put them straight out.

Edited by kamakazi

hey there

ya can do either realy

most peeps would start off inside to get the plant to a decent size maybe a foot or so then throw it outside

you will have to watch carefully for bugs as i have seen many peeps put many germinated seeds outside and woke up in the morning to chewed stems most of the time losing all of there seedlings

anyhoo if its all ya can do then its all ya can do hey

good luck

cheerz

There is no need to germinate a seed in order to plant it. Just start the seed in Jiffy pellets or cups of soil on the windowsill. Give them a turn when they bend towards the light. Harden them off and then plant them outside. Keep an eye out for varmints while the plants are young!

You might think of planting some bush beans in another area to green manure the soil, or you can plant Alfalfa, clover or all of them. When they die back just turn them over and let the worms have at them. The worms will do most of the work for ya.

If you want to see White Rhino growing outdoors I've posted pix in a post named "update"

We're all here for ya, no worries!