"Drug epidemic is making us all sick"

No official retraction or apology though I imagine, just removed without comment eh?

GO MEDIA WATCH!

No apology, not so much as an acknowledgment.

Yep, MW is the go. Hope they move on it.

FYI, the Sweetman story which generated this debacle has been moved to this new URL. Noise Ltd news items are removed from the main website and put into a paid-access archive after a few weeks anyway, unlike ABC & Fairfax stories, which don't suffer from 'link rot.'

nice work Al keep it up mate. lol

Al B. Fuct, well done. Love your work and I'm watching with interest. :idea:

I am starting to come round to this view. The Dillon impostor has done something really quite serious and the sunday mail compounded the problem. The fact is it stayed there for a day even after the paper knew that it may be a fraud. Unbelievable.

Thanks and thanks. -.-

Irresponsible journalism isn't new but it's still heinous. There's a code of practise for Australian publishers.. part of that is not misrepresenting the views of members of the community. By failing to verify the identity of the 'Dilon' commenter, who made it plain he was representing the "Dillon" from NDARC, the C-M did just that.

It's like me phoning up the C-M and saying 'I'm John Howard and I'm real sorry for what we've done to the poor Aborigines' and the next day it's on the C-M front page, much to the surprise of the Mr HoWARd living in Kirribilli House.