My Girls' Fan leaves are Droopy! help!

How often do you water?

Those temps are high but its more likely high humidity thats the prob.

overwatering will make them droop.

How about you give it some more water, you should see an improvement within about 6 hrs if thats the problem.

A pic would certainly help things alot. lol

Does it only droop when lights are off?

Cheers

Buddy.g

WOW damn that was some fast feedback.... i will try to get some pics after i get out of work.... but heres the thing... the plant is outside. We can not use our house water because it is too hard (well water) and we have a softener... but it did this once before during a dry spell of 90 plus and we waterd and problem stopped. the plant is about 2 and a half feet tall but it WAS bushy untill it started dropping again. how much water should i give it?

hey there

could be a few things but sounds like ya need some water for her but untill ya get us a pic we wont know for sure

also during dry times its not just watering thats important you need to keep the water in the ground for the plant to take up the best way to do this is around the bottom of the plant make sure you have a good layer of mulch in me veg patch i use a good fe inches of mulch and also cover this with straw

what you are doing is creating a barrier for your soil that will then hold your water for longer without the sun evapourating it befor your plant gets a chance to take up as much as it needs

if you dont want to go to this extent another way around it is to water at dusk so that it gives the plant a good time to take up as much water it needs with out being too hot

also for next grow you might wanna get yaself a water tank setup and start collecting rain water so you dont have to stuff around with adding anything to it and another idea would be when ya plant out again invest in some water saving crystals they will hold the water deep in your soil right where ya need it

hope this helps

cheerz

Well damn Stoney, you just saved me a bunch of typing!

The stuff you didn't mention is that most plants (all kinds) tend to get droopy during the heat of summer, then they perk back up at sunset.

Hell I grew up in Jersey and my father grew all kinds of crazy shit and watered every evening with softened water! I never could figure out how he did that but he did...

If you do get a rain barrell get a good one so you don't breed skeeters!!!

I mentioned in the post on water restrictions about planting a 2 or 3 ltr bottle to water plants. That plus plenty of grass clippings will do the trick. I also use straw, but it depends where you live if you can get the stuff, on the east coast they call it "salt hay" don't ask why I have no clue either.

But unless an outdoor plant is attacked by bugs or disease they'll usually be ok. I'm figuring you're in the US from your temp numbers. To help next years outdoor grow go look at www.GardensAlive.com Everything they sell is organic and everything works like the shit! Get a catalog and in spring they usually send a $20 or $25 off coupon when you spend the same amount!

The catalogs usually have an insect and disease section with pix that's as good as any book U can buy.

Harvest time soon...let us know how it went!

Here's one of my american beauties....

post-12819-1190008503_thumb.jpg