Vaporizer from the US (ebay)

I'm sick of smoking bongs, but i love getting high. I was tossing up between ordering a good vape or just buying a old school one for $100 from a local bong shop, i decided to just spend the extra and wait a little and get something special. I've bought a few things off ebay before, and a few days ago i placed an order for a vaporizer from the US. I haven't read anywhere about people who have ordered smoking paraphernalia from overseas. It might just be my stoner paranoia, but i've started second guessing my decision thinking i should have done more research.

My questions are as follows:

Has anyone bought any smoking equipment from overseas before?

Has anyone had dealings with 'gotvape' company?

If all goes to plan I look forward to posting a review for this product.

-Petroz

hey there petroz

sorry i aint had anything to do with that company befor but seeing as you got it through ebay you should be covered

i got my hash bags off of ebay and all was good but ya gotta wait for the delivery as they wont send it express or anything so you will be waiting anywhere between 12-30 days for it to get there

now if you have got yaself an electric vape have ago see what you think and if you aint happy with it dont go straight back to ya bong the OSA shop will have some great new vapes coming soon and they alot better than electric ones i think

the only downside i have with my electric vape is when i use normal weed i just dont get that hit that we all love and it dont seem to get me as stoned but when i use the old glass bubbler vape i have it works a treat and i love it

dont get wrong if i was gonna be smoking hash i would go near the glassy vape but would plug my electric jobby in straight away

but as i said get it and have ago and if ya dont like order one of these new jobbys off pure and oz and it will fit straight onto ya old bong i think

cheerz

Thanks for your reply Stoney.

I saw alot of butane lighter based vapes but i wanted to get an electric one because the butane vapes tend to have an exposed hot surface which might be dangerous. The model i chose has a ceramic heating element a glass smoke path so I think it's on of the better designed models.

The one i ordered was highly recommended on another stoner forum. It's called the "Vapolution" (it sounds like vape mixed with pollution but the makers wanted it to be a mix of vape and evolution)

Reviews I've read say it can run for 2 hours off batteries and comes with both a car charger and a wall charger. I've read that it heats up in 5 min and i'm pretty sure you can run any whip type vape through a bong which is something i definitely want to try.

But words are cheap and personal experience will be the true test - i definitely will be taking your advice and trying it and then decided whether or not i want to keep it. Thanks for the tip.

-Petroz

I have a Vaporbox from the states. I gotta use a plug adaptor cause it has the u.s plug on it... Also it is made for 110volts, but can use 240volts aswell. Might want to check with manufacturer.. Or you can use a transformer thingy to reduce the voltage to 110, but they are a little pricey.

I gotta keep turning mine off and on to get the right temp, but this is a common problem and may not be due to the increased voltage.

now if you have got yaself an electric vape have ago see what you think and if you aint happy with it dont go straight back to ya bong

I just got an elec vape from the hangman and it was disappointing. Not the performance of the item but the effect it gave me and my friends.

The stone is completely different to ye olde' bong and a hard change to make IMO, but I'm smoking White Russian through it and am finding the hit to be completely cerebral which can get annoying after a few hours.

I've just put it down to needing to adjust to it - but only time will tell.

2hrs run time off batteries sounds really good IMO.

Good luck,

Jimbo lol

vapor genie make tobacco vapes; this is not what i'm looking for.

They even say on their site that it is specifically designed to hit the sweet spot for tobacco.

I'm looking for something that has an adjustable temperature because i'm planning on using the device to cut down and quit smoking tobacco as well as vaping the good stuff; for this reason it has to be electric.

Also, I'd prefer not to use butane lighter based vapes because of the exposed hot surfaces.

The UPS tracking site says it's passed customs from the states, so it should be on it's way soon me thinks - I'm excited!

-Petroz

mate trust me the vapor genie is designed for cannabis its a US company so to prevent troubles with the law they cannot advertise it as a drug implement. you adjust the temperature by your control of the flame over the ceramic filter. Once you get your technique down you can vape the herb as well as any other vapouriser can. The one you are getting on the other hand has not temperature control. It will still work well enough, I used one like it for years, and its the best style for doing hash and oil IMO. :idea:

I've found some unbiased reviews for the vapor genie and the consensus seems to be that it is a good device for the price. I was mistaken: it can vape mj. Like all vape companies they do not explicitly state this on their website for obvious reasons. I was just confused because they chose to specifically focus on talking about tobacco rather than just referring to the substance as 'herbs' like other sites.

Well from the reviews I've seen the one I'm buying is also considered a good vaporizer for it's price and since it cost 4 times as much i expect it to be better. The vapolution DOES have temperature control, and there is no other vape like it, so i doubt you have tried anything like it unless you have this specific device.

I do not wish to start a fight, i realise what you are using suits your purposes and I'm not telling you to stop using it or that it is a bad vape. It sounds like it's one of the better butane lighter vapes available. It is not what I'm looking for and I hope that you can respect my choosing to go with the vapolution.

-Petroz

Edited by Oz