DRUG DOGS BREAKTHROUGH

Guest Urbanhog

Guest Urbanhog
DRUG DOGS BREAKTHROUGH

By Kay Dibben

QUEENSLAND police can now use cocaine, heroin, and amphetamines to train drug detection dogs.

New legisaltion will allow the dogs to be trained in Queensland instead of being sent to Canberra.

Police will be able to use illegal drugs from local seizures or government agencies to train the dogs.

Queensland has two drug detection dogs, Bea and Bodee, trained by Australian Customs. Another four will undergo an eight week local training course and be introduced this year.

Two more dogs will undergo testing to see if they meet the standards for drug detection dogs.

Between May last year and Januray this year Bea and Bodee were involed in 238 searches, 206 successful in discovering dangerous drugs.

In December a dog handler team found liquid fantasy and a large quantity of cash in a secret compartment in the kitchen of a Gold Coast house, and other team found methyl-amphetamines in other house.

Police Minster Tony McGrady said strict guidelines would govern the use of the drugs for training.

From page 18, Brisbane's Sunday Mail Newspaper.

g'day; those in NSW who oppose prohibition are urged to read the Greens policies, before voting on march 22.

Greens say they will abolish drug sniffer dogs in public places, they oppose marijuana prohibition and want to regulate speed, heroin, ecstacy etc. they recognise that prohibition has not and is not working. they want to slow and stop black market illicit drugs, and allow registered chemists to check quality and purity of party drugs.

the Greens wont achieve much if they win but every vote they receive will be regarded by major political parties. they may start to look further down the same road the Greens want to travel.

we must get debate happening.

the Greens wont achieve much if they win

Not according to the trends, The Greens are now the relevant opposition in Tas, Bob Brown is the major voice in the senate for both the environment and social justice (includes drug reform), I believe that a NSW Green introduced an mj reform bill into that state parliament last year. Green mp's are always a thorn in the side of the major parties and they usually manage to achieve a few of their goals.

http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/ruinkai/coolgleamA.gif http://64.207.13.28/mysmilies/otn/glasses/smokin.gif

g'day tom; i hope ya right, i do plan on giving Greens my vote. but according to Sunday Telegraph, NSW only gave 7% vote to Greens(in poll), i do not know what that really means but i assume 7% is not a lot for Lib or Lab to worry about. preferences do count.

That 7% can make all the difference when the votes are counted, it's amazing how friendly and co-operative the major parties can be when chasing preferences, The Greens have had a few successes at getting some of their polices "adopted" by the major parties at these times.

http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/ruinkai/coolgleamA.gif http://64.207.13.28/mysmilies/otn/glasses/smokin.gif