Will powdery mildew continue to develop while drying?

I have a powdery mildew problem that i have been spraying with the help from a lot of your recommendations. But the weather right now in my area is bad for mold and many growers are having problems due to high humidity. I'm days from harvesting, and the powdery mildew is coming on strong. I sprayed where i could trying to avoid buds. Can the mildew continue after i chop down? What should i do? How should i handle my situation. I was gonna pick some down tonight, but i noticed some mildew nearing the buds.

Powdery mildew needs high humidity, cool air temps and still air to develop.

Drying your buds relatively quickly by some means employing a bit of air motion and very gentlly warmed air (29C max) will halt the development of powdery mildew. I use a bud dryer to eliminate any possibility of mould in my buds. Warms air to 29C max, lots of air motion.

If you're just days from harvesting, cut off all leaves affected by PM.

Powdery mildew is a fungal disease. It causes a white or grayish powdery coating on the leaf surface. If you look very close you will see that the coating consists of a network of chains of spores that are easily detached and carried away on air currents. New generations are produced every 4 days! Unlike most Fungi, spores of powdery mildew DO NOT germinate readily in wet conditions!!!<

That's from The Encyclopedia of Natural Disease and Insect Control

So I wonder if it's very humid that this is a mold and not PM...

Of course, air motion will move spores around. Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to provide conditions which won't let it take hold and grow easily.

Lots of air motion, relatively warm 'nights' and low humidity will prevent PM from flourishing. A guaranteed recipe for PM is cool nights, greater than 70% RH and still air.

:)

Great advice so far ..

I've not encountered many mould problems before but know they can be devastating to a harvest ..

So I would just like to highlight the issue of "Containing" the problem if it arises .. As Granny said .. Remove the affected parts readily and don't do it around the drying or storage space or anywhere near it .. The mould travels by air in the form of tiny spores and can easily be transferred by clothing and anything it touches also ..

With affected budz still on the plant .. remove all affected areas and you'll probly have to harvest early because it will most likely spread again .. make sure to dry well along the lines as what has been suggested ..

The same for budz that have been picked and have gone mouldy in a bad (or unlucky) drying process .. remove the affected areas completely and dry well ..

Once the budz are completely dry it should be impossible for anymore mould to grow :) nw

O.k. Good Luck :rolleyes:

Budman lol