Call to take away junkies' kids

MORE children of drug addicts should be removed from their parents and adopted out, Liberal MP Bronwyn Bishop believes.

Ms Bishop, who is chairing a parliamentary inquiry into the impact of illicit drug use and families, believes the current system is skewed towards the interests of drug-using parents rather then their children.

"We hear the mantra everything is done in the interest of the child, but evidence I've taken in, not only the inquiry I'm doing but other inquiries, show that lip service is paid to that but it's not in the interest of the child," Ms Bishop has told the ABC's Four Corners program.

Ms Bishop said she wanted to see better opportunities for the children of drug addicts to be adopted.

"There are hundreds and hundreds of parents who are desperate to adopt children and give love and give good homes, but there is this biology-first principle," she said.

Victorian Child Safety Commissioner Bernie Geary said saying a parent's drug use need not lead to a permanent family break-up.

"There are times during their use that their children shouldn't be with them, but there is nothing in my experience worse than a child who's sentenced to be without their parents for the rest of their lives," Mr Geary told the program.

"Children are better off with families in the long run, and so we need to work with families to make them the proper place for children to be raised rather than with strangers or with people who are paid to care for them."

Mr Geary said some people who used drugs could be better parents than non-users.

Source: www.news.com.au

atleast Mr Geary has a sensible head on his shoulders :wacko:

Yes I did see this, and scarey is right.

The aboriginal business up north is just the thin end of the wedge, as Howard had about 18 months ago floated the concept of cutting payments to families who don't use the dole they recieve in the way he wants it used. Enforcing it upon the Aboriginal people to save thekiddies, wait for the racsist outcry and then apply it to the whole country...the cunt's a fuckin genius. A scarey mad fuckin genius, but a genius the same.

Evil bastards like this have always operated the same way. First u kick the lowest people in the rung square in the teeth, hitler did it to the jews,howard to the aboriginals. then when u have the rest of the people agreeing it's a goodmove, (when it's applied only tothe people no-one cares about), you apply it across the board to everyone. This cunt should be a world level chess player.

Now taking away children of people across the country adicted to drugs (in their assumption) removes the rasist cry to what he's doing up north as well. SO did he care about the kiddiesupnprth? Or was it a ploy to enforce social agenda legislation that would never have been accepted if not for getting everyone to get on their high horses and agree the poor lost souls up north need a careing hand? What's good for the kiddis of aboriginalfamilies mst be goodforthekiddies of drug inefested pot smokers and enterouge...to say otherwise is to stand accused of rascism,either way.

he has split this country several times, he cares nothing for anyone but himself and I fear he is the closest thing we have ever seen here to a nazi party.

What frightens me is what if he pulls off another eletion? We'll be buried before they ever get rid of this curse then.

And what if it's more than just Howard, what if the move toward a riht wing new world of highmorals is a power beyong Canbers? Countries from Argenia to vietnam have had (and Iraq) their politics and parties made powerful or impotent by American support behind the smoke screen.

I fear for what's hapening ontwo accounts then. One is for danger of all this nazi shit, the second is can we stop it?

Hitler wasn't the only mad bastard to want a puritant world of productive well trained robots, and enough time has passed for a new emergence. You know why America didn't want to side with England against Hitler in the first place was because the basic priciples and precepts USA and Germany held were more aligned than were USA and England.

Henry Ford subscribed to the Nazi aprty magazine for his ownenjoyment, andUSA business oved the way Hotler thought. In defence at Neuremburg, many similarities between Germany and USA wer e made by defendants, to try and gain sympathy.

Of course it didn't work, but it was true all the same.

I hope it's ust the last flagging struggle of an idiot, and not a rekindling of a political coup via some USA backed think tanking. Or evena Canberra backed think tanking. But you don't think USA is going to want to see Howard loose this ellection to a bloke who will remove the lat of the very little support they have in Iraq. Not in stenegth, but in opinion?

The whole last few months reeks of something sus to me.

rob

hey there

very interesting article wdc thanks

i sligthly agree with her in regards to some junkies not being able to look after the kids but the scary thing to me is who is gonna be incharge of drawing the line in the sand.

who is gonna be the one with the responcibility of takin kids away and who is gonna define a "junkie" im sure there are peeps that would say i was a "junkie" cause i smoke weed lol

but does that mean i cant raise a kid properly no i dont think it does

anyhoo thanks for the read wdc

cheerz

There wa s aspecial on this on the ABC last night, 4 corners I think it was.

It's so easy to find a horror story of someone who's fucked up their family due to an addiction. Even in the bible there's an instance of a woman prostituting her daughters for mandrake, so you can find nice juicey stories of horrror for at least the last 4 thousand years.

But what about people who blow cigarette smoke into the lungs of their kids? What kind of irreversible damage is that doing? Yet there's no sensation in it. I can use heroin, spend all day fucked up and for sure be doing the fam damage, but at least unlesss i start pushing a needle into the arm of my kids, it's only I that suffer the physical damage.

So my question is do smokers suffer the loss of their kids too? Or is it only heart tugging horror stories, ones people can feel elevated by stanind back and pointing at?

I hope it's just an ellection game

rob

It's easier for the politicians to bastardise drug users, they have no real solutions or answers.

Why can't heroin be given out like groceries? It would cost heaps less and the kids would be fed.

State schooling was and still should be free, how is the parents heroin habit going to interfere with that?

Bronwyn and her stuck up poonce collegues haven't the capacity either mentaly, emotionaly or logicaly to deal with the problems our society is facing.

Get rid of the junkies? I say get rid of the fascists in charge.

VOTE GREENS! At least their drug policy doesn't wage war on the population.

The scary part is yes when do they stop at junkies and go through everyone that uses illegal drugs , this is our culture we smoke herb and the people that do probably would no matter what continent we lived on or what age we lived in , what right has anyone got to judge us , cultural cleansing is what howards about , its not up to the squeaky clean nazi norm , so it must be wrong , who wouldnt rather breath in the holy smoke than the toxic crap that comes out of the mouths and business deals of politicians , then again who can blame junkies for wanting to nod off and forget the lot ??

“The Lord is my shepherd” and like all shepherds eventually he leads you to the slaughterhouse. Have you ever seen those WWII film clips of people in the back of a truck getting driven to the death pits and guarded by two armed soldiers? No one tries to tackle the guards, get their guns and run. Everyone just sits there enjoying their very ride in the back of a truck.

It is identical today! The Australian people will never revolt, never engage in revolution. Enjoy what few things you possibly can because I see a bad moon rising. And if you think it’s unpleasant now just wait a little while!

Talk – particularly anonymous talk – is cheap and loud. I wonder whether they’ll let you talk when you’re taking in the air on the back of a truck.

The only consolation is that there will be Freedom after the next big war and I reckon freedom is close – at least for those that survive. And frankly, if it means the destruction of civilization and the mass killing of sheeple it will be worth it – because the price is never too high for Freedom, Independence & Sovereignty!

“Freedom is the only solution!”

Mustafa Kemal

(as He then was)

(1881-1938)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P682rGIhZwI