Advanced Nutrients Forum Closed Down

The Advanced Nutients Medical Forum has closed apparently.

Advanced Nutrients has SHUT DOWN the Advanced Nutrients Medical Website and Medical Forum.

http://www.advancednutrientsmedical.ca/

We started this website only for Canadians who had federal government licenses to grow or possess medical marijuana. The Canadian government has been chipping away at the licensing program, and Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper has stated he is going to end the program next year.

We were being criticized by hydroponics retailers and others who accused us of running a website that was possibly used by people engaging in illegal activity in violation of the user agreement that everyone had to sign online before they could gain access to the website.

We appreciate all who visited Advanced Nutrients Medical and those who intelligently participated in our forums and other website features.

As always - dedicated to Bigger Yields,

Big Mike Straumietis

Co-Founder, Advanced Nutrients

Bummer...there was some good stuff there.

Jimbo ;)

They had heaps of stuff. If anyone can find the nutrient deficiencies charts they had they'd be well advised to save em... I did a little spelling and grammar work on some of the earlier versions of the sheets so I've got a copy of the older ones, but I think they updated em.

It's a damn shame. ;)

What I want to know is who's the goddamn retailer who complained....

to bump and old post, some of you may have seen this before as it has been on other forums (which is where i got it from) but not on here from what i could see, here is why.

I was just on the phone with Tech Mike up at MondoPro and he did shed a little more light on the demise of the AN Medical Forum. Basically, the call to pull the plug came from the top execs at AN. Neither MondoPro, Dakone, Medibud or anyone had any advanced notice this was going to happen. Mike, who is Darkone's brother, told me that D1 is extremely pissed that he wasn't made aware that it was coming down and, now, D1 is out of work. So he really has something to be pissed about. He has a family to feed and no longer any income to do it with. Mike says he'll be okay for a while and is using the time to "decompress" and get his head back together. Mike is also out as the Technical Support Rep for AN as well but has ownership interest in MondoPro, so he'll still be around there.

Mike echoed what Shawn has told me that there WILL be two sites eventually. The one site will be an A-Z on plant/vegetable growing. The other site, as I thought, is going to be setup by an "unconnected" relation to AN so as to keep an "arm's length" for AN itself. Because of all the "hub-bub" surrounding the Hydro Expo in San Francisco this weekend, not much if any attention has been paid to the website situation, according to Mike. At this point it is unclear as to when the site will be restored. Also, it is unclear at this point who will Admin the site. Mike said that D1 is still so pissed that he's not sure he wants to right now. Mike thinks, in time, D1 will come around and consider it again IF the site is truly independent of AN (he's not real happy with them at the mo'). However, Mike also told me that there was discussion about taking the rest of the Summer off. So, I wouldn't expect to see these new sites up until Fall.

Now, get this. As I said before, the "legit" site will be an A-Z on plant vegetable growing. Having said that, they are wanting to put a link AT THE LEGIT SITE under "C" (for Cannabis, obviously :peace: ) that will take you to the "other new site" that has the old site's content in place (which, again, Mike said all threads, pics and, YES, even PM's are still in tact!). My first comment to Mike was, "Well Hell, if they're going to link the old site FROM the new site, why the hell unplug it in the first place?". His reply was, "that's the kind of pressure that the store owners have been bringing on Advanced to distance from cannabis if they want continued sales. They were threatening to not carry the products anymore because of the website and the tech support line. Now, maybe everyone can see why AN had to do this. Now, we just need to see if by JUST having a link on the new site, rather than illicit grow threads right there, will satisfy the store owners complaints or not."

Mike also told me that much dialogue will be had with the various hydro store owners this weekend at the Party about the two websites to read the store owners reactions. So, they're obviously trying to see what it's going to take to satisfy their accounts before they take any real action on restoring the old site. If the response from the store owners is positive, we might see some quicker movement on the restoration of the old site and the launching of the new legit site. However, I wouldn't look for the old site to be called Advanced Nutrients Medical anymore. I'm sure they'll change the name to further distance from it.