NT police say SA is main marijuana source

• Admin
Northern Territory police say South Australia has become the major exporter of marijuana to the Territory.

Police earlier this week seized 36 kilograms of dried, vacuum-packed marijuana being driven to Darwin from Adelaide.

NT police say it is the biggest marijuana bust in years, and they are trying to catch more people involved.

They say the marijuana could have sold for up to $3 million.

Police Superintendent Peter Gordon says in the past many bush crops of marijuana were grown in the NT, but now the supply is mostly from hydroponic crops from interstate.

"I would say 99.9 per cent of the cannabis coming into Darwin from the southern states is from South Australia," he said.

He says that is partly because of less stringent enforcement in SA, particularly of people who have one or two plants.

SA police are yet to respond.

Date: 19/07/07

Source: ABC News Online

Copyright: © 2007 ABC

Bent Buddha speaks the truth ;) ...

but seriously

He says that is partly because of less stringent enforcement in SA, particularly of people who have one or two plants.

What ... so people who have one or two plants are likely to cause an infux of $3 million worth of weed into NT ..

well i'll be a monkey's uncle

:greedy:

apparently the bikies were taking over entire streets to grow a few plants at each home, in the event a house got raided only a minimum penalty would apply. honestly though, i dont see too many gangs renting out entire streets which would cost tens of thousands of dollars a week just to grow a bit of pot at each house.

the police up in the NT are just whingers because people from SA have to drive 36kg of pot into the state in order to up the overall quality and keep the state supplied ;) gotta admit but, thats a shit load of bud :greedy:

;)

Yeh , I heard this story thisarvo ..

No surprise really , just another little stab with the Terrible War on Everything as presented by The Media ..

But seriously , SA has been supplying Shitloads of Bud Interstate for years as far as I'm aware .. What's changed? .. lol

Can just drive straight up thru the desert now .. No Worries .. Hello NT .. :nono:

Whats changed is that along with the population rise there has also been a dramatic rise in the demand for Budz ;) .. Unfortunatly the equally persistant authorities are making this increasingly difficult to acheive ..

Nevertheless .. There is a reasonable percentage of people in this country that either participate or have no problem with the cultivation and participation of others that indulge in the practice .. ahem , if that makes sense , sorry I'm gettin a bit lax .. :greedy:

Anyway , The sooner "They" realize that Cannabis is a common part of all culture these days we will have to deal with the BS .. lets just hope it doesn't get too NWO on us before then ... :toke:

Cheerz :nono:

Budman ;)

36kg is 79.37 lbs. If 79.37 lbs is worth $3,000,000, that's $37797.65 per lb or $2362.35 per oz. Better be some fucking good buds for $2300/oz.

Cop pricing is about as realistic as the rest of the War on Drugs.

There was a thread around here a while back, I think it said people were paying $50 odd (maybe more :chef: ) a gram for the stuff. That works out to $1400 an ounce, still a bit off their ~$2k per oz estimate though.