I've always loved this stuf. Along with ryzontic, I think most of growing's concerns are covered 9unless u have serious probs I suppose.

Anyway, the question is, PK 13/14 stipulates due to it being pharmacuetical grade nutrient, it should be used forno longer than 7 days.

I'm always tempted to run it a bit longer, you know the thinking. "if it oes this good in just a week, what would it be like for a month!!?/" :rolleyes:

I've never run it more than ten days, figuring they must have some reason for saying not to exceeed such a time, but I'm just wondering what you beaut hydro geniuses we have in here that know aboutthe active stuff in this gear, and can edumakate me as to why being pham quality means be careful to use it for such a short time. I would have thought if it was such a hgh quality, then it could be used longer. Does it have anti-biotics in it or somthing? (pharmacutical as it says)

thanks heaps.

rob

I usually hit mine twice with the PK 13-14 2ml per litre at 3 weeks then 1ml per litre at 5 weeks, this will lengthen the flowering cycle by about a week but the extra yield is worth it, the down side of the second application is that it can also increase the risk of mould.

:rolleyes:

Thanks Tom, I reckon I'll do a it more experimenting with it one day. Like I'd like to grow a plant one day on pk13/14 for say 4 weeks solid on it, just to see. On a strain I'd grown and know very well, so I can be sure to know what the dif would be.

I was just qurious though, what's the "almost" warning about not overusing it as it bing a pharm product comes down to?

rob

I reckon I'd stick at 2 or maybe 2 and a half ml per litre. I mean 5 mls bill- they must have damn near exploded :rolleyes:. Good gear the ol pk 13/14 isnt it. And for the price, is one of the most worthwhile products we have to buy.

I can't grow much here, but it's looking like by the end of the year I might have a better situation. Hopefully lotsof outdoors and indoors space to grow. I'll definately try the month long bit if the move pans out the way I hope.

All I was worried about, with words like "pharmacutical" on the bottle, if it was dangerous to our health in some way if overused.

cheers

I like PK-13-14 well enough but it's effing expensive.

I've come up with another P & K additive called PK Top Up. Its N-P-K analysis is 0-15-16 compared to Canna's PK-13-14 which is 0-13-14 of course. PK Top Up is about half the cost of the Canna product, about $51 + GST compared to $97 + GST, both in 5L jugs.

Rob, I'm using Sweet Tooth #4 from Spice of Life seeds. I strongly suspect there's some Afghani in the ST4 DNA. I've had (and unfortunately lost) both Afghani #1 and LUI in my op before as well, all work great- but there's nothing like ST4 for mould and disease resistance as well as yields similar to LUI & Af#1.

You won't get prices like I quoted on either PK13-14 or PK Top Up at local hydro shops. More like $100 for PK Top Up and $150 for the Canna product, either in 5L jugs. I've used both and get similar results. Reasonable considering they are both just about the same thing.