Nimbin facing 'overdue' cop crackdown

New here, mates.

I am from the States and visiting NSW in September.

Having just heard about the wonders and joys of Nimbin, was distressed to wander here and learn about all of this carry on over what is going on there!

My question is, what about the rest of NSW on the coast, say around Pottsville Beach, Tweed Heads, etc.

Is weed a big deal or laissez faire or what?

Hard to score for a stranger, how does it work?

PS I am NOT a dreadlocks guy, rather an older ex-hippie now looking quite straight, so I have found that scoring is often quite a chore!

:thumbsup:

CAMERAS??!! They put some up for the MAdiGrass a few years back for media coverage on the net, but something tells me we're talking security??

AM I reading this properly? Fuck this country is becoming controlled. See the new laws in Qld? Can't buy bongs etc?

rob

PS. Don't get me wrong about Marc Emery, what happened to him was cruel, and I'd hate to be him. But I still have mixed feelings about the man. We all have outburts, loose it for a bit, and I'm sur ehe was goaded into retaliating. The seed game can be (or at least used to be) harsh, lots of lieing, people claiming to be disgruntled customers, all kinds of slander was going on; but he fairly scared some people once if you remember. Threatening people the way he did was heavy.

He's fine by me now I suppose it's all over, and I sympathise with all that happened to him, but I don't see him as a hero of the scene. A great bloke maybe, even better businessman, who did heaps to aid the world's saturation of strains, but an ed rosenthal he isn't IMO.

I'm not sayng everyone should be judged forever for things thy do or say, but it shows a person's character when you threaten people the way he did.

ANyway, nobody should have been hammered the way he was.

cheers

jabez and luke skywalker...good points!!!

we do need a big club to start an EFFECTIVE movement to repeal the law.

we would need initial startup capital like any business/group/religion/political party..etc..

we OZ Stoners are a potential starting point...or at least meeting point....

Capital in the form of paid membership and/or purchasing stuff via this website could be used for this purpose....hmmm..ponder...

i didnt use quotes cuz i didnt know if i could quote 2 messages....

Edited by HippyStoner