What sort of shade do you think is the best?

depends on the area youre trying to light up... a square area.. like 1200x1200.. youre better off using a parabolic shade.. a chinahat.. for a rectangle area.. such as a wardrobe.. then you should opt for a bat wing type shade...

the best spread of light comes from a parabolic shade.. and if youre trying to illuminate a square area with a batwing adjusta shade then you will not have the even spread that the parabolic shade will give you

hey there jimbo

i use 2 differant types of shades for my main room i have 2 large china hats and these are for my 600W's and they throw the light perfectly

now in my wardrobes in which i run 400w's each i have 2 batwing type shade not like the adjusta shade but a tiny bit differant mine are alot older and will be switched over for proper batwing adjusta shades soon

cheerz :Dj:

i use a small china man in my 1.2mx1.2m area 600w

small adjustashade wen i use the 400w in 1mx1m area

oh ive tried a stingray shade air colled....

would be good if u growin in like 50cm area..:D

other than that ive always used a large chinaman for 1000w mh

and a large adjusta with 1000w hps and sometimes a 600w

its just the way things were wen i started and ive never really bought into the shade debate on wat throws best,as long as me footprint is containined my plants im a happy man

bil

Accent's Adjust-a-Wings are among the very best. The horizontal tube and double-parabola batwing are most efficient for the usual square or rectangular grow. The horizontal cfg moves heat off the tube better than verticals, running the tube socket a lot cooler.

The Adjust-a-Wings are just that, very adjustable. You can widen or narrow the focus spread by lengthening or shortening the stainless cables on the sides of the reflector. You can more finely control focus by moving the tube up and down on the slipper mount.

I have a pair of the 'large Avengers' and am very happy with them. If you want some of these let me know- I can get them a lot cheaper than retail.