white powdery substance forming on lower leaves...(i got pic up)

it looks like mold or possible spider mites. Ill try to get a pic up soon, but im getting worried because i hear that mold can spread very easily. Im in week 2 of flowering, and just noticed some small aphids possibly. I know my temp can fluctuate from day to night due to bad insulation, but i dont understand how this can be such a problem because plants outside can be in 90 degree heat in the day and 70 at night and be fine. Maybe humidity is too high, its usually about 60, and temp runs 70-80.

Anyone had the powdery substance, or know if spider mites can look like a powdery dust on the leaves?

edit: i jsut noticed it looks exactly like the picture in the above topic thread called "got powdery mold."

edit 2: Heres a picture of it...

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/2521/62107024tk9.th.jpg

Edited by yota

hey

sounds like mould to me as well or powdery mildew which is pretty much the same thing a pic would be great

and nah aint seen spidermites do that they mainly just web up all over the joint and start crawling around

but hey if it looks like abit of web it could be spidermites

cheerz :Dj:

well if thats what it is it can be treated with a mixture i beleive tom has a thread on it somewhere but i would be thinkin its better to cut it out but hey take a picture or two so we can make sure thats what it is

or go have alook in toms thread you will probably see a few pics in there

cheerz :Dj:

:rolleyes: Conventional chemical controls for powdery mildew are preventatives only, bicarbonates can eliminate the

disease after it has already appeared provided the infection is not severe. Bicarbonates are contact fungicides,

and kill powdery mildew within minutes. Sodium bicarbonate (Baking soda) is effective at controlling powdery mildew. Mix up a solution (1 half teaspoon of baking soda to one quart of water) and spray onto the infected plant.

:whistle: Peace MongyMan

:rolleyes: Conventional chemical controls for powdery mildew are preventatives only, bicarbonates can eliminate the

disease after it has already appeared provided the infection is not severe. Bicarbonates are contact fungicides,

and kill powdery mildew within minutes. Sodium bicarbonate (Baking soda) is effective at controlling powdery mildew. Mix up a solution (1 half teaspoon of baking soda to one quart of water) and spray onto the infected plant.

:whistle: Peace MongyMan

Mongy, will that harm my plants, and how much to apply? Do i apply to only the infected areas? or do i apply to all the plants, even non affected? Thanks bro