Aphids...

Are aphids a big problem, and fruit flys for that matter? I think i spotted a few aphids and some scattered tiny white spots. Should i get some lady bugs and call it a day, or do i need to take a few aphids really seriously? Ive heard conflicting reports, somewhere i read aphids arent to much of a big deal, other sources said different. Any help appreciated. thanks

Heya yota

dont know about aphids but I think the fruit flies you mention could be scarid flies .. and they are bad news .... they get in the roots and damage/kill the plant ... I had them once and they're really hard to get rid of .. what worked for me was top watering the base of the stem and net pots with Oxyplus ....

I use clayballs in my netpots and if you're growing in something else then it may be better to use another product .. I know you can get stuff from garden shops .... but I don't know much about treating other mediums apart from clayballs and perlite .. the oxyplus treatments worked for me in both ... also used a lot of sticky fly traps in the process.

What are you growing in ? How old are your plants ?

:rolleyes:

Heya yota

dont know about aphids but I think the fruit flies you mention could be scarid flies .. and they are bad news .... they get in the roots and damage/kill the plant ... I had them once and they're really hard to get rid of .. what worked for me was top watering the base of the stem and net pots with Oxyplus ....

I use clayballs in my netpots and if you're growing in something else then it may be better to use another product .. I know you can get stuff from garden shops .... but I don't know much about treating other mediums apart from clayballs and perlite .. the oxyplus treatments worked for me in both ... also used a lot of sticky fly traps in the process.

What are you growing in ? How old are your plants ?

:rolleyes:

growing in coco....plants are in week 2 of flower

Hey yota, you're growing inside right?

If so, work out how they got in and close that up. Look for ants (who carry them in) and check your intake air ducts etc.

A light spray with pyrethrum or soap will knock the aphids out. Follow up rinse with your normal foliar feed next night and check for any left.

Mush sounds right about the fruit fly, could be sciarid fly. They do love coco.

Good luck with it :rolleyes:

hey there yota

as musha and mulla have said aphids need to be fixed and can be done with pyrethrum or i have used a product called confidor by yates to kill off these buggers befor but i would go for the pyrethrum as its natural and does the same job.

now the fruit fly you mentioned i would agree that it sounds like scarid fly and this needs to be sorted asap the pyrethrum will knock out the flying lads but ya also need to treat the coco as i bet you have fungus gnats as well these are the larvea of the scarid fly and they the ones that cause the issue i flush my medium with mavric to sort these buggers out i use it at 5ml per 1lt in my res but with you in coco i dont know hopefully one of the coco lads can help you out

cheerz :Dj: