easiest system to use?

Looking at doing 1st grow and would like 2 know what would be easiest hassle free system besides hand watering, maybe satellite recirculating?

Thankyou.

p.s has any 1 used a grow tent and how good are they? the hydro shop has aluminium frame that you can set up with panda but im not a good handy man and would prefer the tent as they are easy to set up, although will have 2 put an inlet and out fan, or could i just put in an air cooled light?

hey mrsmokey1, in my opinion a recurculation setup is one of the easiest no hastles you can get. a great start for a beginner. grow tents are great easy to put up and pull down and easy to store away. most of them already have places for fans built in. the only thing is the price as most are reasonibly dear. before you buy make sure you do your homework and check out everything that is available. have fun..

imo the easiest, cheapest and most forgiving hydroponic medium is coco, but its also one of the most pain in the arse mediums around :whistle: it can clog watering system up so its best to hand water with it, it requires specific nutrients, higher pH levels, etc. but once you have everything dialed in, its piss easy to grow in :thumbsup:

if you are after a cheap system that requires bugger all effort to maintain, i recommend going with a recirculating setup. they are probably the cheapest "proper" hydro option available, are very easy to maintain and get fantastic results :xcited: only down side is that you need more power going to the grow room and it will use alot more water than plants grown in soil or coco.

thanks guys, yeh im leaning towards the recirc satellite system, might do a short course that the hydro shop offers, although youtube has some vidoes on it.

Sunnycoaster - iv checked out ebay they have some there for about 250-300, the grow shop charging 170 for a frame and panda, i like the tent cause yu can put it up and take it down fairly easily wich i like cauase wen some 1 comes 2 visit me from melbourne i can have the thing stored away quick and smart hehehe. :thumbsup:

A tent 1.2x1.2x2 is big enuf for 400w hps isnt it??? And a air cooled light does it still require fans and watnot?

Ill have 2 plants for my 1st try starting next month if i get everything in order.

:peace:

High Mrsmokey1 ,

I am curious .. and guessin that you'd prefer something you didn't have to handwater because of time and effort constraints? .. i.e. may not be home every day etc ..

If this were the case .. there is still no reason you couldn't just use pots and trays and hand water .. if you get slightly bigger trays for the pots , you can top em up and leave em for a day or 2 if need be .. tho Imo a lighter watering once or twice a day is better ..

But I agree with both the last 2 replies if you were to set up a system like that ..

As for commercial grow cabs etc , I'm not a fan .. they are way over-priced , and often very impractical , from all accounts I've heard .. :peace:

And like a few others around here , I would recommend getting a cheap old cupboard .. if not a free one and then just making the inside reflective and simply adding a few small fans ..

Or a simple frame with reflective lining etc ..

I'm not sure on the details of space , no. of plants , wattage etc so I won't go on too much .. but when you get closer to startin up let us know your going :whistle:

Cheerz :toke:

Budman :thumbsup:

(P.s. ahh , I just realized you've posted again whilst I was typing :xcited: certainly something somewhat pull-apart and portable sounds like a good idea , not much use for a surprise visit tho :peace: heheh .. but my advice still stands o.k. :yahoo:)

A tent 1.2x1.2x2 is big enuf for 400w hps isnt it??? And a air cooled light does it still require fans and watnot?

Hey mrsmokey, I'm not an indoor grower (yet!), but have been studying it for quite a while (procrastinating according to my other half :peace:) and I'm pretty sure 1.2m x 1.2m is perfect for 600w, I think .8m x.8m is about the minimum req'd for 400. You should check out the room calculators in the Learning Center at the top of this page :)

An air-cooled light should have a fan already fitted to the hood, or at least a position to mount one.

$250-300 is a lot to spend on the enclosure alone imo, considering a 2ndhand cupboard(or 2!) can be converted for less than $100. I would also doubt how practical it would be to pull down and hide a grow tent at short notice, unless you were willing to bin the plants :peace: fair enough if it's the pigs, but as for friendly visitors I think you'd be better to be stealthy and make the enlcosure as inconspicuous as possible, which is certainly easier with an old cupboard than a 2m high tent in the spare room :toke:

Hope this helps a bit, be sure to keep us updated as you go :freak:

hey mrsmokey

go into the grow FAQ section and you will see a thread pinned called "setting up a wardrobe grow" go into there and you will find all the info you need to set up a very easy system and one of the best i have seen

good luck with the setup

cheerz :Dj:

ya i could get a 2nd hand cupboard and the grow shop fits them out...ahh i dun know at tha moment.

Im willing 2 pay little extra for some 1 2 do tha fitting out cause i really hate doing handy man work and i dont have any tools hehehe....Also, could i have a 400w HPS light and all the stuff for a satellite system, air pump,

water heater and fans connected to 1 power point with power board(s) or is it better to use 2???? What do you guys do? And i might get a MH 250w for veg stage and flower with a 400w HPS, is it good 2 use a MH light in a HPS ballast? Is 400w MH to striong for veg, since people are using fluros?

The grow shop has MH bulbs that go in HPS ballast but some 1 from here that knows about electrical stuff said not 2 do that?

budman, got 400w light and ballast, looking at 2 plants maybe 3 max incase i kill 1 or 2 :freak:

ill try and veg 2 or 3 then clone and throw clones 2 flower and see if none are males and try and keep 1 under a fluro if i can for mother plant.

But putting couple plants in coco and hand water is an option as ya dont need air pumps and water tanks, wow im confused :) . Oh well if i need help ill drive you guys nuts, ciao peace.

The way i set up my power is i run the ballast and venting fan from one power point and every thing from from another, i try and not draw too much power from one power point, weather it matters or not i dont know i just feel safer have it from 2 power points instead of just the one.