Cannabis education centre

A new research and education centre targeting cannabis is expected to be up and running by the end of this year.

The Federal Government has announced the $12 million centre will be run by the National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre, based at the University of New South Wales.

Federal Minister Christopher Pyne says the centre will provide information to young people in particular about the dangers of the drug.

"Cannabis is still a very important part of the drug scene and is the most used drug in Australia still, so we don't want to in our attempt to fight ice and ecstasy and other synthetic drugs take our eye off the ball of fighting cannabis," he said.

Author: ABC

Date: Wednesday, June 13, 2007.

Source: ABC

Copyright: © 2007 ABC

so we don't want to in our attempt to fight ice and ecstasy and other synthetic drugs take our eye off the ball of fighting cannabis," he said.
What a total idiot, mj is nothing compared to the synthetic crap. :peace:

:doh:

I have to say a research and education centre targeting cannabis doesn't sound like such a bad idea to me. I mean its better than them spending 12 million on policing the issue, yeah?

It does seem to me like a harm minimization policy so I'm all for it.

Ignoring Christopher Panes little reefer madness comment obviously :peace:

Edited by jabez

I have to say a research and education centre targeting cannabis doesn't sound like such a bad idea to me. I mean its better than them spending 12 million on policing the issue, yeah?

It does seem to me like a harm minimization policy so I'm all for it.

Ignoring Christopher Panes little reefer madness comment obviously :thumbsup:

Unless their "research and education centre" is really just their 'Ministry of Truth' for them to sow their seeds of misinformation among the public again, in a weak attempt to fool the public into thinking they are winning the war on drugs.

Unless their "research and education centre" is really just their 'Ministry of Truth' for them to sow their seeds of misinformation among the public again, in a weak attempt to fool the public into thinking they are winning the war on drugs.

Yeah, but there going to be doing that anyway and if a person was really serious about legalization they would need to have a level head :thumbsup:

Things like this are the only chance we have to bring awareness to the issue with out one of us going to jail :whistle: