Newcastle Storm photo shoot

:D

Wow , Great pics SH ,

Great to have lots of rain again .. but ofc gotta feel for the people who copped it the worst and whose personal possessions were lost or damaged ..

The amount of rain has been excessive in some areas .. but realistically , these are just minor floods ... flash floods , but with not sustained rainfall the waters generally drop as rapidly as they rose ... :D

Development contributes to residental and central town flooding ... and the flood paths aswell as the continuous construction will both continue to grow and develop together ..

Any community , from a villiage to a capital city , creates more outlets for water to flow than would naturally otherwise exist .. but then just as they allow for outflow .. if and when the waters rise they also act as efficient inlets .. and most drians and streets and constructions etc. act as practical channels and barriers for the ebb and flow of the excess waters ..

Ahem , my apologies ... I'm not trying to write an essay , but I am trying to somehow summarize my thoughts on this subject in a decent manner :) (Albeit not doing so well yet) .. :)

Anyhoo , I think it's important to know how much that development and construction effects the lay of the land and inevitably effects the way water is contained and distributed across the land ;)

If the subject were to be related to Cannabis then thats easy .. The growing of cannabis , say indoors with watering systems lighting airflow and ventilation ..

The medium must contain water but also be free flowing .. The light must be able to penetrate and diffuse .. there must be extraction of stale air with an intake of fresh air .. etc etc etc .. :)

Development will not cease to continue .. I think thats a given .. but a little pre-thought for the future and its consequences could prove to be worthwhile :D

As for the weather , another Low pressure system from the south east moving over SE Queensland would be handy ..

Melbournes catchment is at capacity .. Sydney is not doin too bad , but the Brizzy one is still under about 19% or so .. so even tho it has been raining (and flooding) there aswell , they still need shitloads more ;)

So .. Pack up your worries in your old kit bag and something .. And Bring a Dingy too :)

Yours being swept away truly (on a handcrafted Log) ,

Budman B)