Police Ban Sale Of Bongs

Most Tasmanians make their bongs out of plastic drink bottles anyway. :doh: :doh:

This annoys me. I don't see how the rise in ice use can bring on the ban of cannabis bongs.
The Tasmanian Labor and Liberal politicians are dinosaurs, very few of them are really in touch with their grass roots and they have little true knowledge of the real issues effecting the community.

:peace:

Un-be-fucking-liev-able....

And I use the swear word consciously and strongly.

Can't work really, dunno who's bright idea this was but all they're doing is making it worse for the public who do use drugs because now they'll be using less safe devices to consume. Such as plastic drink bottles and garden hose.

Give it a week, it's going to be a bit of a fuss but not a big one, and then all of the sudden they simply won't do it for "policy reasons" or some such crap.

My god, this is just STUPID!

Mail order bong companies might make a motza if the ban is actually enforced...

No political party would actually be naive enough to think this would do any good, its just a political way of saying look what where doing about the ice problem.

It doesn't matter that bongs have nothing to do with ice use either because we all know that the electorate is completely stupid and this little stunt will make those prohibitionist happy :peace:

So in there eyes its a job well done because they dont care about the effect, they just care about the perception :doh:

This makes no sense.

What about tobacco pipes? Is it still OK to smoke a tobacco pipe but as soon as the smoke bubbles through water it becomes illegal. All bongs are essentially a pipe that passes smoke through water. I bet there will be ways of getting around this. Interesting shaped vases for instance. It's not a bong your honour, I like arranging flowers.

What about vapor pipes?

Does anyone know if the ban includes vapourisers? Bet you can't smoke crack through a vapouriser.

Good info in the offyatree link (thanks pipeman).