100W Energy Saving Fluoros

Im growing indoors for the first time and ive put my faith in these lights http://cgi.ebay.com.au/2-FLURO-LAMPS-REFLE...8QQcmdZViewItem

The claim is that these lights are different from normal fluoros of the past in that 100W power is equivalent to 400W. Has anyone used these lights? If so did you get good results? Ive been growing Hindu Kush under them for a few weeks and so far its good but they are still young.

They're not equivalent to a 400w fluoro, they're claiming that they're equivalent in lumen output to a 400w incandescent.... which a) doesn't exist and :toke: would put out so much heat for the amount of light produced that no one would bother anyway.

These kind of higher wattage compact fluoros do well for young plants and even vegetative growth, but flowering may require more lighting to get reasonable yeilds.

Good though, I've got a 130w spectrum 14000k for my mothers and clones and early vegetative growth. Does brilliantly. :toke:

They do better. Look at the spectral intensities on the adaptor pack or flyers and you'll see that the blue levels are significantly increased with no corresponding reduction in the red spectra. So you're getting more intense blue light without losing any of the other parts....

They were originally designed for coral lighting, but do excellently for vegetative growth and even as supplimental lighting.

The 6400k's are fine, don't get me wrong, but for my $ I'd get a 14000k and have a bit more intensity in the blue region.

i use the 130 wat fluoros

coupled with the 240w nelson CFL from bunnings

for clones and early establishment,tight nodes and vege

for flower ya need some juice imo

600w is a good all round ballast imo

although a 4oow will still provide quality buds

imo fluoro flowers lack that size and weight

just my opinion though

all the best

bil

No doubt that HIDs are the best but I've seen CFL grows with surprisingly solid buds. They would be great if space is a problem. My first indoor grow was with 4 18 inch normal flouros. I got an ounce out of 2, 1 foot tall plants. The quality was great (bagseed too) and the buds solid. I reckon the compact flouros will be fine if your just after personal smoke. Also less heat, they can be close to the plant, and you can get a coupe so you have light coming from different directions. Good luck with it.