My canna butter run.

This is how i make my canna butter and all ways works a tread for me.

All the stuff that is going in.

3.5 oz of leaf and bud trim, about 10 grams of mixed prime buds and smaller buds from bottom of plants.

post-398-1180173254_thumb.jpg

The thing i do before i add the butter is add all the stuff i will be using into the boiler and fill with water and bring to the boil then turn off the heat and let sit for 1 hour, this helps get rid of a lot of the green taste out of the butter.

The 1st boil and what the water looks like after 1 hour sitting.

post-398-1180173738_thumb.jpg post-398-1180173787_thumb.jpg

Then i drain every thing through an old tea towel dump old water and re fill with freach water bring back to boil add butter let boil for 5 mins place lid on and then turn down to a simmer for at least 6 hours wile giving a stir every now and then and top up with extra water if needed .

post-398-1180173991_thumb.jpg

After cooking for 6 hours it will look something like this.

post-398-1180174299_thumb.jpg

After cooking place a tea towel in a strainer and the strainer over a something that will catch the butter and water coming out, let drain until all that will come out by it self has then u have to wring the shit out of it to get every lil bit of butter out of the crap that is left.

BE WARNED IT IS VERY HOT AND IT WILL BURN YOUR HANDS

Somthing that will help you get the most of the butter out of all the crap is after the 1 wring out of the leaf to get what u can out open it up and then pour boiling water through it let sit in boiling water for a min or 2 them re-wring it out and it will get a lot of the butter that is left be hind.

Then place in cold storage to let set.

post-398-1180174939_thumb.jpg

And what is left after the cook.

post-398-1180175034_thumb.jpg

Tomorrow i will do a follow up after the butter is set and the cookies i make with the butter...

Hey billo if u can get ya hands on some cheese cloth it drains a lot better than a tea towel.

The all the stuff that u have used to make the butter with holds a lot of butter, and if u dont give a good wash with hot water and a good wring out inside the tea towel i will leave a lot of butter behind in the left over crap, but be warned hot butter will burn your hands...

Up to 500grams i use, but that depends on how much leaf to bud trim to bud u have in what u are making the butter with.

If it is only leaf and u dont have much of it just use 300 grams of butter as u do loose a lil bit.

I guess it comes down to how much green matter u are going to use and how good it is.

But that being said if u have a shit load of stuff to cook up and say only use 250grams of butter it will be a kick ass butter, but rember if u only use 250 grams of butter after the cook and wring out u could loose 50 grams of butter as there is all ways some left be hind in all the stuff from the cook...