Random drug swabs in my area

Just had word that stacks of ppl around my area have been stopped and swabbed in a bit of a crack down

Around 40 ppl charged as a result of the swabs (rumour number yet to find anyone charged its a small town thus hard to ask around)

Has anyone got any more info on this and/or the test they are using and the detection time frame involved

Edited by Shithappens

the tests are comin to qld

they arent all that accurate as ive heard conflicting storys

i dont think the vinegar is a goer, as at mardi grass

the tent with the info on the tests was saying it didnt do shit

i think they are using a diff test in the qld trial wen it starts

dont quote me but i think i read something like that

theres gunna be alot of peeps without a licence as a resu;lt imo

not lookin forward to its introduction

bil

there is plenty of stuff on the swabs around this forum

the ones in nsw detect metabolites of thc in your saliva and turn blue if positive they can pick up up to 6 hours the hemp embasy information says but on average i think their test results had most people clear on the test after 2 or 3 hours

the hemp embassy staff tested them out them selfs and published their results on the hemp embassy page so go read that if you want more info

I got pulled over by the Cannabis Test Unit outside of Mardi Grass a few weeks ago , there is only 1 van for the whole of NSW as far as I know so it's not widespread as yet.

The procedure goes like this

You are seated outside of the bus and asked to lick a swab test device which is about 20 cm long and has 2 pads and 2 result windows ( I think one is for speed and the other for pot )

Before you lick the swab you are asked to swirl your tongue around the top of your mouth to stimulate the saliva and then drag the swab test down your tongue to collect it.

Then you have to wait 5 minutes for the results to show , if you test positive you are then taken into the van for a blood test .

You arent allowed to drive your vechile for 24 hrs after a positive test and the blood test results are used in court at later date ( I believe they need the more reliable blood test to prove you had pot in your system at the time of the test )

The swab is supposed to detect pot use for up to 6 hours after use but results shown by the Hemp Embassy vary but can be used as a fair gauge.

For the record I had my last bong at 2.30 pm and was tested at 5.15 pm that night and recorded a negative result lol

also I have been a heavy smoker since 1984 and indulged in much hash and pot over the weekend lol

I did employ some tactics though as I knew the bus was there.......

1. I didnt smoke just before I left ( sorry Hemp bar crew lol )

2. I slowy munched on a Snickers bar and constantly flushed my mouth with water as I drove out of town ( I dunno if this done anything but hey it's for science lol )

3. Once I knew I was going to be tested I started breathing through my mouth to make it drier and rid of saliva

4. When asked to swirl my tongue around the top of my mouth to stimulate the saliva - I didn't ( they can't tell if you do this or not )

5. Also I noted the alignment of the test pads on the device and angled it so the edge of the pads scraped my tongue and the face of the pads did not touch the tongue surface

Quote from http://www.monash.edu.au/muarc/reports/muarc231.pdf

"The early models of the Drugwipe screening test have also been evaluated in several

studies conducted in the late 1990’s. While very few false positives or negatives were

found when testing for cocaine and amphetamines, a high rate of false positives was found

for opiates (35%). The results for cannabinoids were the poorest with high proportions of

false negatives (40%) and a false positive rate as high as 28% in one study (see Mura et al.,

2000). The detection limits of the device for THC were however not specified. Again using

an early model Drugwipe device, a study by Samyn and van Haeren (2000) sampled 27

participants who displayed signs of intoxication, of whom 15 reported recent use of

cannabis. The stated surface sensitivity of the device was 50 ng/ml for THC. Samyn and

van Haeren (2000) reported three false positives and nine false negatives from the 15 who

reported recent cannabis use. It was suggested at that time that new antibodies with a

higher sensitivity for THC were required to improve the Drugwipe test for cannabis (Mura

et al., 2000; Samyn & van Haeren, 2000)."

Hemp Embassy Tests http://www.hempembassy.net/hempe/testaliva.html

Hope this may help anyone who gets in the same boat lol