Challenging grow space - please advise

550mm x 400mm x 1200mm - 2.4 squarefeet

Obviously a small space, initially I was researching what it would take to implement a 400watt son-t agro. My research leads me to believe this may not be possible. Also, there seems to be a lack of lower wattage hps lights avaliable in Australia.

I would really appreciate some advice regarding lighting/ventilation combo for this space. 1 or 2 plants - first grow.

Thanks in advance.

hey there

im trying to picture this space and i think with the right ventilation you will be able to get away with a 400w i would have a 200mm ceiling fan up the top or on one of the walls up the top that will extract enough air to keep it cool i think

also get 1 or 2 comp fans blowing on ya plants from outside this will create enough air flow i recon and should keep ya temps down

and if i was you i would go 1 plant and put a scrog screen in there and fill it right up

cheerz :Dj:

Thankyou for the responses.

Stoney, would a powerful centrifugal exhaust fan guarantee that with a 400watt hps temperatures could be controlled and kept to a safe minimum?

Also, smoke p, I would rather exhaust all possibilities before looking at another space - the stealth benefits of this particular space are hard to ignore.

well depends what size fan you were talkin about there bvity

but in a space that small i think a centrifugal would be abit of overkill i recon a 200mm or 250mm ceiling fan would do the trick but if ya really wanna make sure you could attach someducting and get a 200mm inline fan like my allvent one i use or really if you were gonna go a inline fan i think you would find that a smaller 150mm jobby would do the trick

There is a 250W HPS up for grabs on eBay atm, woth checking out.

The one plant idea is a good one, a small centri would be good and you could run a fan controller so you could use the fan in a bigger space when you can upgrade to a bigger area.

Remember to take the whole setup into account - where is the res going, how cold will it get at night, and what shade will fit in there. etc...

Jimbo lol

lol Like stoney said i'd only go 1 plant and scrog it. But a 400w in that space lol Your trippin stoney. A 150w would be perfect but I think they are hard to find. A 250w like jimbo said would be ok and the amount of ventilation needed wouldn't create a wind tunnel :)

lol Running a larger fan with a controller is a good idea too for when you get a bigger space. lol believe me you will :D

lol Peace MongyMan

lol i retract my first thoughts i read the measurement wrong hey im dyslecsic what can i do lol

go with what MM said and dude that is a small area i would just go to vinnies and get a new wardrobe i saw a great one there the other day for $40 and would be perfect

Thanks for all of the advice. Much appreciated.

At this stage I am planning to go with a 250 watt hps with a retro-fit metal halide globe as well. A suitable exhaust fan running through one of those odour socks (carbon material filters). And an appropriatly sized passive intake drawing air from a seperate room.

Thanks again.