Ban bongs!No its a smokescreen to protect the tobacco industry.

I think the government has done this several times when they are being pressured about there drug policy.

The Federal government doesn't have control of bongs being sold in individual states, they can stop them from being imported in to Australia which would be useless because they are being produced in Australia ( they would give a nice boost in profits to the Australian companys) and so they just demand they get banned and then everyone turns around and says Canberra is trying to get this evil super potent skunk that the vietnamese gangs are trying to poison as with off our streets, what are the states doing :)

I'm really not concerned at all though, Victoria will never ban bongs because Steve Bracks likes to be seen as culturally friendly. :)

I got to also say I really hope the states get the government to come clean with the poison there allowing to be put in our tobbaco while they carry on about how much they care about our health :thumbsup:

But federal Ageing Minister and council member Christopher Pyne said disclosing ingredients of cigarette contents presented potential problems.

“The Commonwealth has a preference for the listing of ingredients on tobacco products as long as it is feasible to do so,” Mr Pyne said.

“And as long as it doesn’t leave open the possibility of legal liability or undermine a very strong message that every cigarette does you damage. We’d hate to have people saying they have had a look at the ingredients and these cigarettes are better for them than other kinds of cigarettes.

Why?

Surely smokers have a right to know what's in the products they consume, so they can choose to smoke healthier cigarettes :doh:

The only thing that isn't feasible about disclosing the ingredients is that once smokers start making informed choices, some of the companies that pay off our government stand to lose some business :)

Besides, banning bongs won't stop a single person from smoking pot :)

:thumbsup: I bet if papers and filters weren't used by tobacco smokers they'd be banning them as well ^_^

:)

lol