Autism Awareness Week

This week is dedicated to those who suffer from Autism or ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder) so please donate if you see a collection.

MJ is one drug that can help adult sufferers with anxiety associated with ASD's, most of you probably know or are related to somebody that has an ASD. 1 in every 160 Australians are now born with an ASD (as my son has just been diagnosed with moderate Autism), which is massive odds, it's increased 10 fold in the last decade and has gone 'under the radar' so to speak. So keep it in mind this week guys and please donate if you can! :peace:

They are amazing kids, my boy has a photographic memory, only learnt that since he began speaking in the last 4 weeks, i was blown away! And he can read, that also blew me away (he's 4). I don't know if canada has an autism awareness week, but it's a national thing in Australia, which is great.

I don't know what the odds are like in Canada, but here's a link for a news article in Oz on Autism and the cost each year for services: Autism report

It's an issue that will continue to rise as the odds get higher. My personal belief is that his MMR vaccination triggered it. There's too much evidence out there from parents of children who have had severe reactions to it. I'm currently campaigning to have my son exempted from future immunisations. There IS a link between the MMR vaccination and autism, despite what most medical professionals will tell you. And the government in Australia, America and Canada all have compensation programs for kids damaged by vaccinations. Now, if that's not admission, i dunno what is!

:peace:

PS. Don't forget guys!! Donate if you see collections :peace:

I think we all have a bit of Autism in us, i personally cannot do things unless certain other things are in place 1st or in order- i cannot put my right shoe or sox on unless the left is on 1st, no matter how hard i try, i cant do it, i also have many other idiosyncracies!

My wife who teaches and lectures in Autism says we are a perfect match 4 each other as she can put up with my craziness (not saying Autism is crazy)! Wont tell you what I have to put up with from her, she will beat me senseless if i tell u. hehe

I like the fact that im crazy, beats being normal!!! :peace:

PS: I dont have to do the dishes anymore as she thinks it hurts my hands, it does alittle, but blow doing dishes hehe

I think we all have a bit of Autism in us, i personally cannot do things unless certain other things are in place 1st or in order- i cannot put my right shoe or sox on unless the left is on 1st, no matter how hard i try, i cant do it, i also have many other idiosyncracies!

My wife who teaches and lectures in Autism says we are a perfect match 4 each other as she can put up with my craziness (not saying Autism is crazy)! Wont tell you what I have to put up with from her, she will beat me senseless if i tell u. hehe

I like the fact that im crazy, beats being normal!!! lol

PS: I dont have to do the dishes anymore as she thinks it hurts my hands, it does alittle, but blow doing dishes hehe

Yeah mate, i think you hit it on the head. i don't think there really is a definition of 'normal' to be honest, everyone has their idiosyncrasies. Just some more than others :peace:

It's sad to see the lil ones struggle though, with my son being in early intervention now, he's really blossomed, which is so good to see. He deserves a 'normal' life, and i'd like to see him fit in at school. Which I think he will thanks to the autism association of WA. Pity i listened to certain other people's opinions so much, they thought they knew it all, otherwise it would have been picked up on it much sooner. Always go with your mothers instincts is what i've learned from the experience, not your current partner at the time or anyone else, that's the biggest mistake i made. But hell, did i learn from it cannabis. Good to see you about anyway mate, we'll have to catch up :peace: