Tips to stop light leaking from inlet vents?

lol Jimbo that takes all the fun out of it and some ducting actually gets little light holes around it (STAY away from that silver ducting its SHIT)

Yeh man I have done it the only thing is you must allow a set minimum area for the air to travel through I did this before i used any ducting.

Now to basically explain it you have to create a trap that is an area that is easier for air to travel through but not light. But you have one thing working for you air can turn corners whilst light must reflect to turn. lol

ahhhh damm time to dig out the skills in paint lol hahhaha

http://overgrow2.googlepages.com/LightTrap.JPG

As you can see it is just a frame with some light barriers within it and covered front and back either front or back can be any existing wall cupboard panel or whatever

Painting the inside of the trap flat black stops nearly all reflections escaping i have this top and bottom and with all lights out in my shed and my 400W on no light escapes hehe

( lol except for one little crack around one doors hinges hinges ok I was 1.5mm out on one internal door frig fixing that)

the area of the inlet path must be at least bigger then the area of the exhaust to work properly I actually have 4x the area as inlet then my 150mm exhaust hole on the roof (im not detailing the maths if in dought make it bigger)

My inlet has an area of 20mm * 1200mm to let air in and with my raised pots the air enters all along the cupboards back wall

My exhaust has a 150mm hole on top to ducting and about 30 35mm holes on the inside portion entering that ligth trap(not sure on the maths but it looks about right).

PS I hear no niose from air flow at all

Edited by Shithappens

Yeah ok - that's a good system SH, if you feel up to constructing it and it works for the area. lol

I had small light leaks around my cupboard too and I got some adhesive rubber strip-seal for windows from Bunnings (like $2 a meter) and it works a charm for irregular crack size leaks - plus it's soft so it can be used as a seal around a door like a fridge.

Jimbo lol