Do you think Cannabis is addictive

I've been on and off smoking pot for a month now

I don't feel it is addictive. I gave up for 6 months at the start of last year for work (bloody drug testing)

I used to smoke ciggies, haven't had a cig this decade. Stopping smoking cigarettes was damn near impossible

With no bong to reach for to calm me down I do need something to keep me balanced as I feel something is missing though, those 6 months not smoking I felt a bit too agro

I am prepared to stop smoking at the moment to exercise my brain a bit even though I know I am going to be irritable at times

A little disipline won't hurt me

My dreams have returned, although maybe I should say, I can wake up and remember my dreams now

Smoking cannabis makes me feel good

Feeling good can be very addictive :P

but I am going to see what happens,... before I eventually give myself a good back-hander and go back to growing :P

I don't think of it as addictive. Habit forming maybe, but as so many people have said it is easy to go without Cannabis, whereas cigarettes are damn hard to quit. I believe I am addicted to alcohol in the way that I have to have my carton every weekend or I ca just think of nothing else untill I get more.

The only times I used to get in a shitty mood over Cannabis was when I was out chasing, expecting to get it, and not being able to find any. That used to suck big time.

I think Cannabis is addictive as much as someone can be addicted to 4X4ing, racecar driving, motorbike riding, horse riding, skydiving, gardening, cooking, skiing etc. Basically just because it is fun and you want to do it as much as you can does not mean it is addictive.

If I have Cannabis then I can't go without it, but if I don't have it then I don't actually crave it. I wouldn't mind it, but it is not the end of the world.

the thing about cannabis is, not only is it one of the least addictive vices you can have, but its also the least harmful, and on top of that, can help prevent people from other more unhealthy habits, like alcohol, smokes, and junk food.

How many people do you know that eat crap all the time, are unhappy about their weight, but lack the discipline to overcome their food addiction? Its very common of course. There is a multi billion dollar diet industry sucking money out of people who can't lose weight. Whereas cannabis isn't too hard to give up in most cases as some have already testified in this thread.

I've 'used' for 30 years so I think I either have a psychological dependance or I like it a lot! B)

Anyway what's the real difference between liking something a lot and being dependant?

And does it really matter?

I'm not changing for anything or anyone including politicians who are compromising my civil liberties.

Our world is becoming a place where the individual has no privacy at all. This is the age of surveillance.

Why do certain people want to peer into everyone's lives? Are they terrified someone somewhere is actually having a good time?

I really think it varies from person to person, i have known people who have been addicted to cannabis after the first cone. like, they have actyually started to buy pot everyday after their first time..

but then theres people who dont feel the need to smoke weed to feel good or be happy, who can refuse a cone when it is placed infront of them...they are the people that aren't addicted and see cannabis as a social drug and not a substance to be dpendant upon. there's my 2cents

Whilst I agree that it's not addictive, I do have times (like tonight) when I'm gagging for a smoke. Of course this is largely influenced by the fact that the cupboard is bare right now.

If anything, I find that too much smoke will put me off it for a while to straighten out. A few months back in the Age of Plenty a mate and I sparked through 2oz in about 21 days. Not a huge effort I admit, but a pretty good one considering we both work fulltime. After this I felt like hammered shit for about 2 weeks. Plus I got pneumonia about the same time so decided to have a bit of a cleansing period where I was off the smoke for about 10 weeks. The bonus was that the next smoke I had knocked me around like I was a lippy-housewife.

For me it's a self regulating indulgence. It works better for migraine pain than any other painkiller I've tried. I can honestly say that it has enriched my life far more than it has harmed it.

Pot is certainly not addictive, for the past year I've been smoking after having quit for 4 or so years prior, and again I see no need to "over use" the drug, it's the best thing for tummy aches and pregnancy B) oh and christmas dinner with the family seems to be about 90 percent painless while on it. I think that what makes me smoke for such extended periods of time is the fear of feeling sick (not like withdrawel sickness) it just seems that I am free from all tummy trouble when i use it. Of course, I know at least 2 people I can say become very irraitable with lack of THC of in their system, but what can i say, they hang with me that ALONE should get you a script of Xanax!!!