Quote the pipe law ?

I plan to be selling some pipes at Mardigrass and I am also going to start selling at local festivles around QLD (where I live). As far as I know the pipe law specifically bans water pipes, but dry pipes are still totally legal. Does anyone know the exact law, the exact working, its number on the books, etc... As I am sure that at some point a cop is going to try to hassle me, thinking I dont know the law and try to tell me that my dry pipes are illegal, so I want to be able to quote the law and say "oh yeah, well chapter 12, paragraph 20 of the penal code states that only water pipes are illegal, blah blah blah"

hey meerkat sorry cant help with the spacific law.

Where i live they have either just banned or just about ban bongs, we have shops here that make there crust from selling these items and would likley need to close or sell shirts, papers and other small items.

the shop im thinking of has been around for 20+ years with no dramas other than school kids trying to buy or shop there but was quickly stopped...

I wish you luck im a fan of your work and would buy a small hash pipe if ever sold here in the west.

Ok well from what I can see anythign that can be passed off as a drypipe should be fine I mean if you wanna walk the line afterrewieving it you may even get away with smaller hammers and sherlocks ect selling them as dry pipes , It is not your fault if people can be creative and make a bong out of it , hell are they going to ban plastic bottles aswell :thumbdown: ? because the stems and cone pieces are totally legal still and there probably as many if not more people smoking or who have smoked out of a plastic bong than there are that smoke from glass bongs

there are free law services not nesseceraly public aid or anything but places on the net like the links bellow that are free and can help you allot if your happy to chew through some of the info

taken from the Revised Tobacco and Other Smoking Products Act 1998.

Section 26ZQ http://www.legislation.qld.gov.au

Production, sale or public display of cannabis utensils

(1) A person must not produce, sell or publicly display a cannabis

utensil.

Maximum penalty—140 penalty units.

(2) In this section—

cannabis utensil means an object for smoking cannabis

sativa, colloquially known as a ‘bong’.

that seems to technicly only cover bong because they have defined it in their law bellow is the full document or you can view it from their site

http://www.legislation.qld.gov.au/LEGISLTN...coPrPrSuA98.pdf

TobacoPrPrSuA98.pdf

And the bellow was taken from Queensland Government Health Site

Since 1 January 2005, a person must not produce, sell or publicly display a cannabis utensil. A cannabis utensil means an object for smoking cannabis, commonly known as a “bong.”

Retailers of cannabis utensils should comply with the full intent of the new laws and also remove all ‘bong’ components from sale or display.

Maximum penalties for non-compliance are $10,500 (court fine) or $300 on-the-spot fine.

So since 1 January 2005, all product displays and sales of “bongs” in Queensland are illegal.

Aussie Legal.com /

they also have to prove taht you possesed it with 100% likelyhood that you would selll it to someone for the express use to smoke marijuana so it is still legal to sell a bong if you dont sell it with that intent

IE its not a water pipe its a vase here look pigger ill give you this one and give you some flowers to go with it you can display it in your own home and realise that its healthier then the dry pipes you arent banning fuckwit.

but yeah off ya tree in brisie sells them as vases but as if anyone would shop there they mark up so much over their compition

"but yeah off ya tree in brisie sells them as vases but as if anyone would shop there they mark up so much over their competition" -Ruen

It's funny that they can sell them as vases; they still sell them as bongs and they sell vaporizers as well here in Melbourne.