How to fit a 400w and a inline fan with filter in a cupboard?

As the topic says, I have the light and shade now for the wardrobe (180x75x50) and now want to try and squeeze in a good ventilation system in there but there's not a whole lot of room!! (note to self - get bigger wardrobe next time lol ).

Any ideas on how to rig this up?

Cheers

and some more questions...

what type of hood do you have? is it air cooled?

what type of system and grow style will you be using? thats important for headheight issues.

is smell a concern? do you need to hook up a carbon filter?

the room the cupboard is in... is it airconditioned? well ventilated? are you able to hook up an exhaust to extract to outside that room that the cupboard is in?

also, what level of stealth do you need? ie do you need it so someone can look in the room while the grow is operational, or do you just need it so a quick tidy up and shutting it down can make it ok for an inspection... lol

Edited by pipeman

Righto,

A few answers - this is the first grow for me, so I probably have overlooked some obvious things here- feel free to pull me up!!

The cupboard has just the 2 pots, growing in coco and hand watered with an oscillating fan in there for circulation. Growing with a 400w HPS with standard reflector hood. It's in a shed with an open window next to it - great for fresh air, but also may be a (small) concern with smell so I was thinking a carbon filter of some description. The hydro man has a 150mm fan with a carbon sock for $250 which I was looking at but I don't know where to mount it. I take it from your question Mongo that mounting it outside the cupboard is an option?

Stealth is not a big issue really withiin reason, a bit of ducting here and there will not be a problem.

Cheers

post-12039-1178003124_thumb.jpg

yeah mate definitely mount it outside your cupboard if you can do that. just setup your fan connected to a hole in the top of your growroom and then blowing through the odor sok.

also with those shades I reckon it would be a good idea to hang a small fan to one side of the shade blowing right across the bottom of the bulb. this will let you get your light closer to you plants. and they lookin stretchy too I'd start bending them over and tieing them down.

I just noticed you don't have any inlet fans? you need a passive intake or inlet fan when you hook that centrifugal up. I think the inlet fan is a good idea and it can double as an air circulation fan, maybe hang the one you got now to blow across the bulb and get 100mm inline fan and ducting for the inlet... lol

Edited by pipeman

yeah that light is way too far away from the plants.

u can see the big one stretching , it's looking v' thin.

i have a 400w in a3footx2.75footx9foot(high) wardrobe, i've got a 250mm inlet fan & 250mm exhaust fan & a small fan that blows across top of plants.

i have my plants as close to the light without burning, i s'times get leaf burn from too close but it's only minor..........i'd rather a little bit of leaf burn from too close than a thin stretchy plant from too far (light).

i find w' good air circulation u can put the light much closer & the plants grow much faster & thicker.

u will need to use a chain or something similar to hang the light, w' that wire ur using it will be a PIA trying to raise/lower the light.

MJ grows fast & u will have to move the light fairly often so that wire is unsatisfactory.

good luck man....move that light closer asap.

You guys are a godsend, probably end up savng me a crop or two thanks!!!

I posted this in another thread, but will post again so you know where i'm at.

I have had the plants under a run of the mill flood light lol due to lack of funds and the clones arriving much sooner than expected until yesterday when i (hastily) put up the new HPS. The inlet and exhaust fans will be coming next but thought I'd ask you guys how best to go about it before shelling out the $$.

I have a set of the light 'yo yo's' on order but will adjust the light tonight, how close is ok? 250mm

Thanks again :toke:

hold your hand level with the top of the plants. if it gets uncomfortably hot after a while then your light is too close. eventually get your light as close as possible, but for now maybe leave it where it is and lower it a few inches a day to give your plants time to get used to it. lol

I have a set of the light 'yo yo's' on order but will adjust the light tonight, how close is ok? 250mm

G day mate with your light i was always told put the back of your hand under the light at the plant height.

If it got hot move your lght up if not move your light down.

Thats what i do hope that helps