When to plant seed?

Hey all,

First up, I'm a complete weed noob but it sounds like a great hobby. ;-)

Am planning to grow 1-2 plants outdoors and have NFI about it. We do have a nice vege garden with herbs growin as well so I 'suspect' that MJ will be happy out there as well. IN SE Qld when's the best time to plant? Of course when's the best time to harvest also? Any links on how to go about this would be great. Also, being a noob what would be a good strain to start with? I'm not looking to become brain-dead or anything so will probably be the odd once a week smoker if you know what I mean, but would still like to 'feel' it working. ;-)

Cheers

hey man it does not effect you that much, i mean the majority of us smoke every day and i reckon if ya get into some of the forums you will quickly find you are in the company of some very smart people. you control it dont let it control you!! when ever you get your last really cold morning and it is starting to warm up in toowoomba( dont know if you get frosts up there but usually plant after the last frost) so your seedlings dont get too cold and die. and as sukonmiskunk said the harvest has just happened.

hey man it does not effect you that much, i mean the majority of us smoke every day and i reckon if ya get into some of the forums you will quickly find you are in the company of some very smart people. you control it dont let it control you!! when ever you get your last really cold morning and it is starting to warm up in toowoomba( dont know if you get frosts up there but usually plant after the last frost) so your seedlings dont get too cold and die. and as sukonmiskunk said the harvest has just happened.

Cool, thanks m8s!

I'll get hold of some seed ready to go in the spring, probably about August-ish...then i'll need way more advice at harvest time. ;-)

Yeah that was my next question. There seems to be a huge price variation fr seeds from different place. For e.g. I've seen texada timewarp seeds from $45 up to $150. Can it be assumed that the cheaper seeds are crap.not what they claim to be nd the more expensive ones are better? Or doesn't it work like that?

CHeers

Yea what you say is often the case Nooby, but there are exceptions to the price/quality assumption ..

personally i would be getting hold of some Mandala seeds as they are cheap yet some of teh best quality and after-sales growing advice available ... like Au$25- a pack for the strain that came within the top ten strains as judged by High Times ... if you want check thier helpdesk out here http://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=76

I have grown his seeds out and found one 'crook' one but most were outstanding plants ... all the best Nooby

lol