Light flickering problems

Yeah I have to be VERY careful what I plug in now! I share the power on the property with 6 other residences and I've blacked the lot of them out twice!!! :yahoo:

There isn't much I can do about that except be really careful not to overload it.

The light wouldn't start tonight again...just kept flickering trying to ignite. When I pushed the plug into the ballast there was sparks inside it and the light came on. Doesn't sound very good huh?

I will take it in to the hydro shop later in the week - don't want my house burnt down or the plants dying... :thumbdown:

Jimbo :whistle:

nah i have had some old globes that if you put them in they will just flick and try to ignite but no go

put a new one in there and bobs ya uncle the new globes work fine

so i would test the globe while ya down at the hydro shop as well if ya draggin the ballast down there ya may as well test the lot

cheerz :Dj:

quite often seems to be the igniter, not strong enough to ignite the bulb, quite often a new globe will fix this as the igniter can ignite the new globe with out a problem but as the globe gets a bit older it will have trouble igniting again and your globes wont seem to last as long as they should, down at the local they charge $25 for a new igniter installed so its not to expensive at all. the other thing that can happen is that if the globe has been stationary for a long time unscrew it and give it a bit of a shake then put it back in, and also make sure that the contact in the end of the light socket has not been pushed in to much or that it dont have any build up on it, failing all this then it is more than likely the globe, although my guess would be on the igniter.