power generaters?

High people? Has anyone had any experiance with desel or petrol generaters to power there lights? I have had a bit of a look around the web but camt find a lot on the subject. With some sound proofing and venting i cant see why they wouldnt work. Any comments?

I saw a big set up in the states on a doco where they had diesel genees powering everything and exhausts was pumped through haystacks from underground , huge setup like 50 x 1000 watt bulbs , aircons etc the generaters where very big llike you see on construction sites , had about 5 or 6 running , this was a multi million dollar operation in mexico .

I dont see a problem if you want go down that route , just set it up properly .

Rod

on what scale are you talking about? Its cheaper to just buy the power than to run a generator. and if your setup is so big that you are worried your power consumption will be noticed then you will need a big generator, and they are not easy to conceal in terms of noise and exhaust. I'd say if you were remote enough to run a generator unnoticed, you may as well grow under the sun. :thumbdown:

on what scale are you talking about? Its cheaper to just buy the power than to run a generator. and if your setup is so big that you are worried your power consumption will be noticed then you will need a big generator, and they are not easy to conceal in terms of noise and exhaust. I'd say if you were remote enough to run a generator unnoticed, you may as well grow under the sun. :thumbdown:

I was just thinking about 10 or so lights not that many but a few to have running on the grid. I am just looking at my optunes. Had rooms for many years and am now looking at byeing house and building the room i have always wanted. Would be nice to be fully self sufficient

realistically what would be a max.. safe estimate on how much KW's an hour could be used before a power co may even think thats excess power in a city region>>??

i no there is no answer but just a guess??

As for some1 who is willing to Run a remote Generator.. like Pipe said.. grow under the sun.. If u want to progress that.. get a generator.. Power an AirCon for climate control.. and build a green house.. The Sun will be your lights.. and if its too hot or humid (indica) the air con will do the rest.. just a decent 2-3kw air con would do .. since u dont need temps down to 21 (humans..) more so 28 for cannabis.. and if u want to force flower.. use black cloth on Railz and power up a cheap Garage Auto Door for 12/12.. Hey but thats effort..