My first grow

This will be the first grow that I will be undergoing, but I don't plan on having a small yield :thumbsup: . As a matter of fact I have been thinking about using the "Sea of Green" method to help me make this larger yield possible. I plan to grow some type of chronic (nothing particularly picked out yet) and also would like around 1 pound off my first crop. My grow space is outdoors and can be as big as I need it to get enough plants to reach a total of around 1 pound yield. I live in Florida and my main reason for starting a grow now is because we are just about to enter summer. Although I have a basic idea of what I would like to do, there is still the issue of what strand would be best for the situation, how I would acquire the seeds for the strand of choice and several other things such as watering schedule, correct type of soil to use (or weather or not to use soil at all) and any other things you can think of :thumbdown: . If you could help me to make this grow everything I think it could be, I would be forever grateful :thumbsup:

Thank you, and I'm sure you all will have some great advice for me

Smokin till I die,

Squinty :devilred:

Squinty, if I was you, and I had all the outdoors space I needed, the only advice you need is to pic a strain you like the sound of, (many seed banks give geustimations what the plant will yeild given perfect conditions), and grow them as would you grow any other plant in your garden.

Lots of nitrogen during the first few months of it's life, and then a flowering fertaliser to finish it off, a few weeks before it begins to bloom, until a couple weeks before it finishes.

Where to get seeds from in Florida is well beyond my experience, but Canada used to have some of the best trains and seed comapnies int he world, and can be easily found by simple word searches on google.

Your only concern that I can see is that growing from seed, rather than cuttings, you're going to get a number of males in your garden, probably 50/50, which will need to be removed, unless seed n your smoke isn't going to bother you.

If size doesn't matter go for a big tall sativa plant, and you'll get a pound off most if you use the full grow season on oofer in florida, or use small squat inidca plants, and use more of them, counting on around 4 oz (this is very guess work) per plant.

Males of course, as I would assuem you already know will give you zero yeild n real terms, and need to be culled asap.

Although you can smoke them of course, but for more reasons that it's worth going into, they will bring down the overall quality and yeild of your garden. Plenty of nice big pictures online to show how to distinguish male plants from females, something that'd be a waste fo time to go into here, wehn as they say "a picture is worth a thousand words".

MArijauan is just a typical heavy feeding annual, treat it like a favourite tomatoe plant or something and you simply can't go wrong with such an opportunity to grow outside unrestricted. Be sure the plant/s can get as much direct sunlight as possible, plan for autumn (fall?), when the sun is in the south(?) sorry I forget what side of the equator florida sits. But he sun will drop on thehorizon in autumn, and that's a time you don't want to loose direct sunlight on your developng heads, so consider that too.

They say at least 5 hours direct sun per day, and I reckon that'd be right, the "at least" part I mean.

Of course, this is all for theory only, you know it's illegal to grow hey.

cheers

rob