What are runoff values?

Hi all,

I know that I'm asking a lot of Questions lately but I am realizing all the things I didn't notice in research time!

So anyway...what are the runoff vales of the nutrient used for and what should they be? I'm using Canna Aqua vege at 20mls/ltr PH is 5.4 and the EC is 1.6.

Also what signs do I look for that the ferts are too strong or weak?

The plants are already going well and seem to be responding to the new nutes well anyway...

Thanks

Jimbo :scratchin:

Hi jimbo, run off values are simply the EC and pH values of the nutrient solution after it has been through the pot/roots. In your case the runoff is recirculated back into the resevoir. Your going to want to check your EC and Ph levels every couple days and top up the res with fresh water as the level drops.

At an EC of 1.6 you'd want to see it stay at that mark and definately not rise above 2.0-2.2, in a recirc system its usually not a problem, as long as you can remember to top the res or plumb in a top up tank.

EC can climb rapidly as plants take up more water than nutes in hot or peak growth conditions and if you have access to what is draining off the roots you can monitor what is happening, but as I say in your case just keep an eye on the res values :scratchin: