Cutting 'Machine'

CUTTING MACHINE

I’ll be quoting my partner for the duration of this spiel, :freak:

The basic premise for cuttings is simple: :blink:

• Use a medium that will store water without creating a haven for bacteria/disease/bugs.

• Hold enough water to provide the necessary hydration (dependent on climate).

• Although not absolutely necessary a good rooting compound assists with getting a nice healthy plant in the shortest amount of time. :thumbdown:

First you need some basic equipment including one 2 litre softdrink bottle (cut as shown in the second of the following pictures); two 'skewers' (we used the ends of two incense sticks

post-10702-1177238461_thumb.jpgpost-10702-1177238957_thumb.jpgpost-10702-1177239109_thumb.jpg[at

tachment=23031:attachment]

[we make our own natural incense]); one 84cm (approx.,) 'wick'; and the lid from a 50g can of Horizon Tobacco (they measure about 9.5cm across, a lid from a margarine [1kg] tub can be trimmed to fit too). You need to punch a hole in the centre of the lid, as shown and one through the hole of the drink bottle lid, or remove it completely. Use a hot wire to poke holes about 1cm from where the bottle tapers at the top to insert the skewers (incense stick ends). B)

post-10702-1177239302_thumb.jpgpost-10702-1177239501_thumb.jpg (view from above of lid, wick and skewer set up) :whistle:

And now for the secret 'medium'

post-10702-1177239922_thumb.jpg

Yep, it's bog roll, toilet paper, loo paper . . . whatever you wanna call it, it works a treat!! Stay tuned for the second instalment in this 'How To' create your own cutting machine!! :yahoo:

Edited by Dragonfan

I know we said we'd post the second half of the 'How To' for the cutting machine, but other things intervened . . . my partner's :nono: had to return to the States ;) and will not be back in the country for at least 6 months odds . . . so's the rest will have to wait upon his return . . . sorry to leave you guys hanging for so long but it's been a nightmare dealing with Immigration :nono: . . . don't start me on that topic . . . once my partner is safely back Down Under, then I'm gonna line up both barrels at the Department and really have a go! ;)

Anyways, sorry 'bout this . . . but don't give up :toke: . . . you can make your own beaut little Cutting Machine that works a treat, but not until 2008 sometime, sadly!! :greedy:

Oh and the wick? We flogged it from my youngest's school project (her beans carked it) . . . but I'm assuming they are the sort you get from hydroponic's suppliers . . . or even some Garden Centres and/or Hardware stores . . . ;)