Bio Bugs VS Canna-Zym

bio bugs tricoderma plus is good but can be messy after a few days the res will start to foam and smell very organic can block drippers and grows in filters. if you dont mind washing the res out weekly it works well keeping roots white and constantly growing new probally the best roots ive eer seen when combined with canna zym.

canna zym is alot cleaner but may not have all the friendlies (no trichoderma) Both product do a simular job. Biobugs lasts years on the shelf while canna zym about 6 months..

canna zym = $ 45 does 400liters of res mix

bio bugs = $18 does 1500 litres " " " "

personally im back using canna zym, with the odd hand water bio bugs through flower because i like to keep res clean and not have to dump clean and refil weekly to avoid blocked drips.

Bio bugs is a powdered friendly bacteria (can be hard to find) was comonly used in recirc grows years ago but not as popular now.. im told.. + needs to be activated with sugar/ mollases, air and warm water for 24hours before use. where canna zym is designed to be used from the bottle at 2.5ml per litre.

good luck youd be happy with either.

i colonise my media with bacterias similar to bio bugs fortnightly, just brew and pour straight into the coco

no worries with blocked watering systems that way, if in the res you will need to provide a suitable environment for the bugs (temps,aeration and food supply)

also im running rhizotonic, cannazym and seasol in the res,each at half strength

im trying to cover the whole spectrum of micro organisms and create a symbiotic relationship in the rootzone where the plant is feedin the bugs and the bugs feeding the plant-i handwater a teaspoon of molasses/nute mix weekly to help it all along

im a sucker for additives :scratchin:

edit: just re-read the post and realised i didnt even try to answer the Q! still ripped from the stoners song thread!

i dont know what the difference is! i dont worry about costs so went with both obviously