shed lights

hi i do shut down work on all sorts of plants and building and at the moment im working at a brick works and they have just up graded there lights to a newer model these are the big one with the balist on top of the bulb with ally shade or hat,, are these good to get there are two pallets of these probly for a carton . im thinking that i use the balist and get a new bulb but just wondering if they would run a hps i dont want to ask at work, it would be to sus and dont want to ask around town too much you know

hey there

sounds like metal halide ballast's i pick one of these up the other day

i would look on the ballast as it should always say what sort of light it runs so if it says on the side that its a 250w MH or 400w MH or they may be HPS just have a look

i would always buy a new bulb but yes you can use them just gotta do a conversion so that the globe fitment has its own cord ( i will be doing it soo in the tute section)

ya gotta do this as the ballast and the globe would get abit warm

but yeah grab a few if ya can say ya must got a new garage and ya want some lights for it or if ya can get away with it say its a tennis court :peace:

cheerz :Dj:

Not true Luke.

I used Mercury vapour as the first HID light I ever owned.

It grew the most intererting 6 inch long match stick thick buds with about 10 hairs on each "bud". :D.

Of course I'm being silly, they're a complete waste of time and money.

I phoned a light supplier in Kingaroy, I had to drive almost an hour to reach them. I asked "do you have a 400 watt HPS?"

(this was my first expereince attempting to own a HID, some 12 years ago maybe).

Yes we have one here for 120 dollars.

"You sure it's HPS?" I says, astounded, as the price I had quoetd over the phone from the grow shop in the Birsbane Fortitude valley was much, much more.

"yep, sure is, it's on the counter, I'm looking at it right now, it's 400 watts HPS"

"Look, I have to drive almost an hour to get there, and hour home and I have nothing to do there except this light. It absolutely has to be HPS, and the price you're givingme isn't ading up. I don't want to drive all that way to find it's not HPS"

"No, stop worrying, it's what you want"

Great I thinks, speeding along to pick up my first grow light. I know the price is wrong, and fully expect one of two things when I arive.

One- is that they have a great discount due to overstocking someohow, or simply wrongly priced and I'm getting a baragin,

or

Two- he's going to check the price isw erong, and I'm going to have to pay the price I expected, but stillsave me a trip to Brisbane.

But upon arrival at the light speicalist shop, there was a Third and comepltely unexpected possability I hadn't even counted upon, and I was looking a the words Mercury Vapour written acros the ballast.

I was out of my mind, this kind of crap happens all the time out in Kingaroy area. All these red necks that think they know what you need, and t hell with what you want.

"What wrong he says, it's 400 watts.."?

Bugger it, I bought it anyway, figuring it has to groiw something ey?

Nope, what a joke. The heads it grew were like match sticks dipped in red hairs trimmed off a biker's beard.

don't know why I went into all that. Maybe I need debrefiing/councilling on th ematter still. I was prety wound up.

c ya

rob

PS. next time I'll tell you the story of how I drove all the way to nanago, to a second hand shop to buy an electric fan (the few white goods store are so sall they dont stock them through winter) for air flow in my newly devised first grow room..

I'll tell how after checking on the phone before another long drive, I was assured he had many such fans.

But upon arrival, was asked "what you want a fan for in winter?"

after heaps of waiting for an expalanition I wasn't going to give, he explained "sure I have heaps of them, just as I told you. but they're all in storage shed miles away. Why would I have them in the shop during winter?'

this is fair dinkum.

I used to be a hot tempered young fella, and they called the cops on me that day for the performance I threw.

I wasn't violent. I was just emphatic about wanting an explantion why he told me he had heaps. he just kept saying to me "but I do".