Help me go ORGANIC

ive only ever grown one way - germinate a seed in rockwool, stick that in a pot full of clay pebbles, then to my water reservoir i add A + B veg or flower nutes, budlink (silica), then adjust the pH, and voila it's happy for a week until i rechange the water.

But im contemplating getting rid of the clay pebbles and nutes and going the organic route. So what mediums are the go? and what additional nutrients if any are needed? Please respond as if i was an idiot.

Edited by Dave The Nefarious

ok, coco coir is a good start, then use either canna coco nutes (not sure about the organic bit with these) or canna bio, the best way is to buy an organic nute made for indoor systems, any how ask at your local or have a look through some of the threads on here, im sure there have been others.

also with organic, it wont matter what medium you use so long as it is inert, clay balls, perlite, coco, any of these are an inert medium, ie they have no natural goodness or nutrients added to them when you get them, so long as the nutes you are using are organic then you have organic erb.

any how best of luck with it.

Edited by godonacid

yes, good advice. If you want to grow organic hydro, use organic hydro nutes. Couldn't have put it better myself.

but the question is why do you want to go organic? Do you believe it is healthier? or tastes better?

Certainly there are many growers who are of the opinion that organically grown pot tastes better. My theory is that its not the actual chemical makeup of the medium & nutrient but the speed of growth that is the critical factor. It just so happens that organic mediums generally are denser and produce slower growth. I think its the slower growth that results in better tasting buds, not the fact that its grown in an organic medium.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone that has compared hydro buds grown with organic rather than standard nutes. :D

hi Dave, I'm an organic gardener, healthy soil, sunshine and Pidgeon shit, that's me, haven't been too hard up for smoko or veggies for 20 years, so somethings going right. Really good book Organic Growing By Peter Bennett; sort of explains it all scientifically, no fairies and devas but good info.`enough in there to get a good idea of how to go about it. Happy growing. :D