Sexing Seeds Method 2

Hi Uncle A,

Have you in your many years of sexing your plants considered doing an documented scientific experiment (ie double blind, controlled, random sampling ect ect then submitted your findings for publishing? You could get an Honorary Doctorate to the Universal Canna University (UCU) if you did/could do so.

Generalizing across strains would be difficult due to the limited samling method used. This would be as the sample is not representative of the general popiuation of "weed seeds" availiable.

I have not mentioned the cash flow from such a discovery of this magnitude. Cash on this magnitude usually

solves a problem especially if would quadurpal the income side of things,

billopuffalot does it have to be a gold wedding band??, or a wedding band at all??, will i get away with a silver ring??, thanks for sharing

I wonder why it has not been common knowledge amongst the many long centuries of growing the herb :scratchin:

Have you any articals, better still a URL or 2, on this method of sexing (unrelated to human sexing) you could supply to us :peace:

Yes, I am a scheptic and disbeliver Uncle - but it's my loss but it works as I clone.

OK guys. This is not a recent discovery and it certainly isn't mine. As I explained it was passed to me by my grandmother. Passed down not as something superstitious or even special but as part of the traditional general knoweledge of my culture along with other common things everyone is expected to know. Like the local herb lore, not to stand behind a horse etc.

I missed this somehow lol

Hi Uncle, this is a very old wives tale for predicting the unborn child's sex. Likely it was done over most of our mums bellys before we were born, depending on how superstitious our mums were of course.

e]

mullaway You at least sound like youv'e heard of this before.

billopuffalot does it have to be a gold wedding band??, or a wedding band at all??, will i get away with a silver ring??, thanks for sharing
Yes Billo it does need to be gold and it would seem that the closer it is to a perfect circle the better it works. I don't or haven't come across anything else that so closely fits this discription so have only ever seen wedding bands used. I imagine if you had a different plain gold ring it would probably work just as well.Yes it does sound superstitious but so does rubbing a gold ring on a sty, but your local chemist will make that the first sugestion.

nitram

Hi Uncle A,

Have you in your many years of sexing your plants considered doing an documented scientific experiment (ie double blind, controlled, random sampling ect ect then submitted your findings for publishing? You could get an Honorary Doctorate to the Universal Canna University (UCU) if you did/could do so.

Nitram Although I have always had an insatiable apetite for knowledge I must admit I would not even know where to start or how to do such an experiment properly. I don't know why it works, but I know it does. Maybe if a few people were interested in participating we could do an OzStoners online experiment. I don't know maybe if every one that puts in beans as part of their grow diary stats they include a ring reading. Later on we can start to acumulate some realy unbiased statistics as the results would be coming from a lot of unrelated sources. I think the results would amaze the world.

I wonder why it has not been common knowledge amongst the many long centuries of growing the herb lol

Have you any articals, better still a URL or 2, on this method of sexing (unrelated to human sexing) you could supply to us lol

Now you see this is the exact reason I decided to post this method. I have searched and searched. I have come at this from every angle I could think of and have come up with nothing. It would seem that mine could well be the only article on the net describing this sexing method. I personally find that mind bogling but be that as it may I still say it is very easy for anyone to verify for themselves. In fact if anyone with a seed grow on at the moment that has not yet determined the sex of their seedlings wants to give it a go (it works just as well on seedlings) before they switch them to 12/12 it would make for a very quik turnaround experiment. If anyone does this it would make a great addition to this thread.And as for it not been common knowledge with herb growers, as far as I know it had only ever been aplied to humans in the past. Anyway certainly interested in money(who isn't) but again I wouldn't know how or where to start. Maybe being rich just wasn't ment for me. :peace: Edited by Uncle Arthur