WHats the best way to stake my plant ?

hi there.......i got a bubblebery plant out doors in a large pot

its nearly 6 foot tall and its quite a bushy plant....lots of branches, but they are quite thin, not very stong......

The last couple of weeks the buds have really started to thicken up and a lots of the branches are starting to drop down as the buds are getting too heavy........

i recently just had one thin stake in ht middle of the pot supporting the main stem, but this seems to be useless now........

im just wonder what the best technique to support all these other bramches..........

maybe several stakes on an angle crossing each other so its kinda like an A frame ?

any ideas ?

Thnaks

JAson

Edited by JasonWr

how about some thick string or something to hold/tie the branches up?

choose a point along the sagging branch where it easy to tie a loose knot and then gently pull the string upwards towards a sturdy point on the main stem, so that the string is on about a 45deg angle and the branch is where you want it

then loosely tie round the stem- you might be able to tie to the original stake if the stem is a bit weak

something ive done when ive tipped a bit close to flowering anyway :toke:

hey mate i should be able to offer some assistance- we have just been through the same dilemma.

we ended up staking it right next to the main branch- about 4-5 inches away (avoiding the big main roots hopefully) getting on a ladder and hammering it all the way down to the bottom of the pot.

the stake itself was about 8 foot tall.

we then got some rope and tied the branches in doubt firmly in a knot then another knot to the stake.

at one stage our plant was leaning on an angle of about 30 degrees to the ground and seriously fucked- its now up and running despite loosing 2 small branches as casualties for being too late.

for the top cola- (if you only have one- tie it directly to the side of the stake) if u have tipped it and you have multiple top colas wrap a rope firmly but not tighly around the top few colas and continue it down slightly.

when the wind sways the branches that are tied they will only give about an inch then be held by the rope- instead of bunching them all up and suffocating them and not providing them enough light.

hope this helps- good luck and be careful with her!

another quick thing- make sure you hammer the stake down as far as possible for maximum strength- water the area you want to stab it in.

also i like stoneys idea-

what i would do

is go the hard ware store and get a small section of mesh about 2in x 2in should be fine then stick some stakes in the soil and fix ya netting to that

then thread ya buds through the netting and bobs ya uncle no stress of sagging buds

just make sure you have a few big stakes and tie them firmly to it.

either way should work quite well.