Poison Ivy is my firend

I was thinking of how to protect my summer grows and the fact that Poison Ivy done not bother me. I have rolled in large patch of the stuff and nothing happened to me.

Any ways I know where there are large patches of Poison Ivy so I was thinking of transplanting a lot of them around my garden to keep rippers out and any one just walking in to it. Also i will tie down the ganja to keep it low and concealed.

Any Ideas thanks

G'day highflyer101

You would have to be a rare person indeed to not be affected by poison ivy. That being the case however it does give you a distinctly advantageous oportunity as you surmised to use thi plant as a shield. I know that I would not venture through poison ivy in the hope I would find MJ.

Having said that, I do not think bringing this plant into your garden is such a good idea. MJ outdoor grows for a few months and in that time at least at my place it would be guaranteed that I would receive a number of visitors, a lot of them with children. I think I would feel very guilty indeed if anyones kids stumbled into poison ivy in my own gardens. Not to mention the possible bad feelings generated & the possible loss of friends, this could leed to litigation as some peoples reaction to this plant is a lot worse than others. Having said all that, your personal circustances may well be such that none of this may apply, in which case you have found a very good defence against the dreaded ripper.

Still IMHO you would probably be better off using natural stands of ivy off your property to hide some MJ's in.

Just my thoughts off the top of my head.

Grow Well

Uncle Arthur

hmm cant say i agree with boobietraps or things like intentionally planting poison ivy to protect a plant. :toke:

even if you went that route i cant see it stopping anybody from ripping your plant - theyll just head off and come back with gloves or pruning clippers, so I think your best bet is to just make sure your plant is as hidden as possible, ie rather than using poison ivy use a plant that'll provide visual cover

I was thinking of transplanting a lot of them around my garden to keep rippers out and any one just walking in to it.

highflyer101 Sorry man I took the above statement to mean your home garden. Silly me. Disregard all that kid safety ramble.

Dave is of course right. If rippers actualy see your girls poison ivy is not going to stop them. But if it can deter them from going in a certain direction and so not see your babies to start with I think it would be terrific.

Anything that stops the bastards has to be a good thing.

Uncle Arthur

Edited by Uncle Arthur

The only thing the ivy will do is prevent some one from just stumbling in to the concealed plants. Like a fence that looks natural and not out of place. one spot I have in mind I could put 6 plants tied down. It is on the side of a hill that runs east to west with good sun light the only way to it is from the base of the hill. And there are some large shrubs around it. if the plants stay under 4ft they will not be seen.