what do spider mites taste like?

lol

hey all, been awhile sense my last post, been on the long haul outdoors.

anyways, just noticed big spider mite investion in my room, one plant is mainly affected(thinking it was a lack nutrients i let it be) and other two are showing small webs starting, but all the leaves are fine.

so have they smashed the first plant and have only just arrived at the other two???

my concern is i'm ready to harvest in a week and a half, so no sprays of any kind,

should i just harvest,clean and kill as i go,and smoke what little fuckers are left behind,

i should i bin the plants???

once dry, will the mites still bread in storage bags??

any info or thoughts would be sweet!!!

anyways, just noticed big spider mite investion in my room

any idea how much $ they've invested? lol

should i just harvest,clean and kill as i go,and smoke what little fuckers are left behind,

i should i bin the plants???

I'd remove all plants from the grow chamber and keep it empty for at least 3 days, preferably over a week, giving it a couple sprays with a mild pesticide like pyrethrin/tetramethrin (which quickly breaks down, especially under UV light). Seeing as you've only just noticed them i'm guessing you should be able to harvest a few unaffected buds, but yeah mate I wouldn't go smoking spider mites or their webs in any hurry (very low THC levels)

classic :peace: thanks for pointing that out dave,

infestation was ment, the spider mites got me thinking to much, which means others area of my brain get less attention. never the less cheers for your input.

some pics.

post-8150-1174879693_thumb.jpg post-8150-1174879734_thumb.jpg

wondering weather to harvest now,or let it go and the infestation gets worse.?

what to do?? rahhhh!! lol lol

spidermites dont taste that bad... I like to deep fry them in olive oil and then just a little salt.. the only problem I got is finding enough for a feed.. they are very small and youd need a fair few for a decent feed... :peace:

anyway.. looks like youve got enough for a feed... I use extra virgin olive oil to cook with... but its really upto you... lol

however if you wish to pass up this once in a life time offering of mites... and just want to get rid of them... at this late stage.. any sort of pesticide is going to be out.. you could go for a garlic spray to deter them.. they might fuck off.... or ya best bet.. if ya harvesting in a week or so.. would be... with a damp cloth or something.. just go through and wipe over all the undersides of the leaves and remove any webbing...

when you harvest and the plant dries.. they will all tend to move on anyway... you might have a few stragglers.. and the webs will still be there... its a pain in the ass.. but its really the only option at this late stage

hey there snowbuds

i have had this issue with my buds just befor harvest as well and with a bit of a wipe and a vac befor ya harvest then ya should be all good as when the plant starts to dry they will mostly fuck off

i gave my plants abit of a tap as well after drying to get rid of any straglers

cheerz :Dj:

ok, just thought i'd pass on my knowledge on this subject . if you have spider mites on your plants so near to harvest, continue harvest as normal, though the mites will have set your plant back a bit probably. before manicuring, go over all of the affected buds with a very high powered vaccum cleaner with a reducing nozzle attached. this wil remove around 80% or more of the problem. after manicuring and drying, (no eggs will hatch on dried buds), the smoke is fine to smoke yourself or pass on to others.

the best option though, is to check your plants regularly, and catch this problem in its infancy. then, spray the isolated room or plant, with a spray which can be hard to find, called "folimat" it kills any bug, and eggs, plus you if you breath too much of it (practically any. if you can smell it leaking out, get out of there for 24hrs), it will kill you quite quickly too. never use this spray with anything less than 2 weeks till harvest, or you will need to soak your buds to remove the last traces of "folimat" (not desirable). the benefit of the spray is that if you treat the problem early, the mites wont stunt the growth of your flowering plants. if the problem is advanced, its best to use the vaccumm cleaner method.

folimat

Folimat is evil shit - a half breath made me really headachy & sick for hours. Don't spray it on a plant you plan to smoke - you don't wanna ingest that toxic crap. :photo:

After harvest is a good time to pull out the folimat though - the little bastards can hibernate in soil for ages, irradiating the grow room and soil from mite infested plants with folimat will knock them out for the next grow. :scratchin:

A 50/50 mixture of 99.9% isopropyl alcohol and water is effective and non-toxic. 99.9% iso is cheap at Dick Smith, they market it as a screen cleaner. Mix the iso 50/50 with water and mist the affected plants. The solution needs to contact the mites to kill them so you have to spray the plant pretty thoroughly, especially under the leaves where the little bastards congregate, it kills them on contact. It's effective, and being only alcohol & water evaporates leaving no residue on your buds.