"Hello Neighbour" deodorizer

Has anyone tried out the "Hello Neighbor" brand deodorizer? It looks interesting, as it's supposed to eliminate odor in the smoke you exhale through it (it's a little chapstick-looking tube). I was kind of hoping that using this with an Ubie or one-hitter would allow me to smoke in my dorm room.

If it turns out this works well I may buy a six pack for dorm and bathrooms in shows or movie theaters.

Edit: Sorry, no "u" in the neighbor.

Edited by sarsXdave

helloneighbor.com is the official site, and does its sales through fieldofdeals.com. I also know 1percent.com and potstar.com carry them, as well as some eBay dealers. I hope that helps.

The only reviews I've managed to find knock it, but that's because of the sidestream from a joint or blunt, while I'm looking to use it with something with a bowl I can finish in one go.

Edited by sarsXdave

Can't say i've heard of it. What sorta price range are we talkin'' for "Hello Neighbor"?

In the passed i've used urinal cakes. For a dollar a piece at Coles or Woolies. They seem quite effective, each tablet will last 2-3 weeks. Just cut the top off a 2 litre coke bottle, half fill it with water and place it where the exhaust outlet is so the air is exhausting above the top of the coke bottle. Does'nt come across too strong and does the job at a reasonable price.

lol

Can't say i've heard of it. What sorta price range are we talkin'' for "Hello Neighbor"?

In the passed i've used urinal cakes. For a dollar a piece at Coles or Woolies. They seem quite effective, each tablet will last 2-3 weeks. Just cut the top off a 2 litre coke bottle, half fill it with water and place it where the exhaust outlet is so the air is exhausting above the top of the coke bottle. Does'nt come across too strong and does the job at a reasonable price.

:doh:

Every place I've seen it online is $5-6.50 USD plus shipping. I just got e-mail from the site saying that I'll receive it in a few days. I'll be to post a review then.

I live in a dorm built in the 40s or 50s, which doesn't have good enough wiring to handle air conditioning, so I'm half-way lucky in that respect. I just smoked a bit (in a one-hitter, to cut down on errant smoke). Currently I place a wet towel by the crack under the door and spray a lot of "Neutra-Air" which seems to work okay, but I'm looking to try to get rid of any odor at all. Thankfully my tolerance is still really low an don't need a huge amount.

I may try that cake trick at home though, might help to have song lasting cover up.

Edited by sarsXdave

Alright, I've been using one for about a week now. What I've been doing is taking a pretty big hit, hold for 10 or so seconds, and blow it through one of these into a Lay's Stax canister. Smelling in the can afterwards, there's definitely an odd smell, but doesn't really smell like weed. Not an entirely accurate test, as the canister already had a bit of an oily smell.

I'd have to say I think these things are alright. If in a dorm room, I'd actually recommend taking a paper towel, folding it into 3 or 4 layers, moisten it (with mouthwash if it's handy), and just exhale through this, making sure to hold really tight over the mouth. There's very little smoke that gets through. Of course, if you're going to be out, the "Hello Neighbors" work sufficient and look much more covert.