splittin a cupboard

hwdy guys and gals. have been M.I.A for a while. site looks great. I've got a 2 door cupboard I grow in. I wanna put a board down the centre of it so I can have one side for flowering, one side for veg. I grow with a 400w son-t-agro setup, and i wanna put the same on the other side. r there certain bulbs you use for flowering and veging? Or do I just buy another son-t-agro setup and and just have one side 12/12, tha other 18/6? Do both sides need to be sealed off entirely? (in regards to lighting) Also considering buyin this stuff online. found hydro shops lately are chargin a small fortune. thanks again... :peace:

HPS is good for both or MH for veg.

Each side will need to be completely light proofed from each other as you will be running different hours of operation in each.

There are plenty of good buys on eBay...I just got a 400W HPS complete for $40 delivered.

Jimbo

cheers jimbo. so same light setup 4 both sides. got one 250ml exhaust fan in roof of cupboard on rhs. was thinkin piece of board to split tha cupboard, but stoppin bout 100ml from tha roof. might put descent guage fly screen from top of board to the roof. should reduce heap of light, as well as only needin tha one fan for air flow. Just have cutout in both sides of cupboard down the bottom. thanks again mate.

mmmm. think i work things out better when i'm talkin to myself in here.... :peace:

hey there orion

if i was you i would use a 400hps in the flower side and a 400mh in the veg side this will work out perfect now i would not have any light leaking through from the veg side this will stress ya flowering plants out and out run the risk of hermies

so fully seal the flower side ya dont want any extra light getting in

cheerz :Dj:

thanks for tha tips guys. isnt so much tha cost of another fan, i just dont like tha extra noise. The mh soounds like a great idea for veg. Is there enough heat from a mh bulb to warrant an exhaust fan? I was thinkin bout fluros. got a 3 foot grow-lux fluro(havent got a shade yet. hard ta find). how much slower is it growing under fluros compared to a mh bulb?.... sorry bout tha 2 questions...thanks again

what are the measurments man and such as 800 watts will be a bit of heat. Im picturing a standard cupboard and some hassles with heat for ya soon

Look for another cupboard as I would rather have more space then needed then cramped smaller space with less air flow around buds and higher heat??

M2c man so tell me to shut up if you like but before you do all that work think about a second one and what the extra space could be usefull for.(access ventilation isolation[light and pest] fans timers tools shotgun bong nudey mags...... )

Yeh man look online in junk stores 2 dollar shops etc you will soon find lots of bits and pieces to replace the diff hydro shops ripoff prices

my area was 1.2m x1.2m x 2.4 m high

i ran a 600w hps and had issues with heat in the 33 deg c range

U WILL NEED ANOTHER FAN

id also be goin with shitty and gettin or makin a bigger drobe..

fluoros will grow a plant but not at any phenomenal rate

the cfls are good for space saving a few of them will help with vege if going the fluoro option

how many plants are u talkin??

all the best

bil

i havent read all this thread but re' ur 1st post,,,

i have a 250 fan & 400 son t in a drobe too..........i also have the exact same space next to the grow (split drobe like u seem to have)...........i can't really comment on the whole deal of urs coz ppl here have much more experience & can do u much more justice re advice but i will say that u cant get away w one 250 fan exhausting both areas...............it just isn't strong enough & the logistics of where u set it up will mean u will actually give less exhaust to both areas instead of at least giving full exhaust to one area.......................imo u need a dedicated exhaust for each area..............................if it gets REALLY cold real soon (not likely)u could get away w one fan but even then u wont get the air replacement u need for decent temps & decent air circulation.

i'm interested in how u go about this coz i'm currently deciding on whether or not to use a heap of CFL grow lights in the 2nd half of my drobe for clones,(some) seeds & (some) veg.

i say "some" coz i prefer a HPS for growing seeds & (obviously) vegging but due to limited space (2.75x3x6 plus)i need to exapnd

ive seen many ppl get great results from CFLs when limiting them to clones,early vegging & even keeping mothers.

its amazing how quickly u realise ur 1st grow room is not big enough to satisfy ur needs so early on in ur grow.

as an aside, i've read that Sukonmi considers a HPS (son t etc) actually Better for flowering than an MH & he's not the 1st person i've read w this opinion.

seems the son t have just the right spectrum to do both & some consider the results better than that of using pure MH for flowering.

i 110% agree w him in that a HPS is much better for germinating than CFLs (although most seem to agree CFLs are best for clones due to them needing so much TLC) & take his opinion re the HPS for flowering seriously.

i am not experienced enough in this area to bother taking my opinion seriously but Sukonm has some of the best advice w pics to back it up on this site.

maybe u should PM him & see what he thinks?

for my 1st grow i've used purely his advice re germing' & vegging w' excellent results, just thought i'd throw that down for u.

wish u all the best man, i'll be taking notes if u decide to post ur results/etc.

Edited by pacificrim