MPs should be drug tested: says MP Fred(dead above the ankles de) Nile

MPs should be drug tested: Nile

(IMO extremist ,rightwing ,religious nutter, shouldn't have even been allowed to become a pollie bore!)

* Fred Nile drug tested at press conference

* Rev Nile "suspicious" of MP drug use

* Rev Nile calls for drug tests for pollies

CHRISTIAN Democrat MP, the Reverend Fred Nile, has voluntarily undergone drug screening during a bizarre press conference at New South Wales Parliament.

Mr Nile is pushing for random drug tests for all candidates before next weekend's NSW election and would also like random drug testing of public servants, including train drivers and police.

Today, alongside a handful of his Christian Democrat candidates, Mr Nile passed his own drugs test, which was administered via a saliva swab.

"All candidates should be totally drug free," Mr Nile said.

"It's a serious problem, particularly if you are debating legislation, making important decisions in parliament. Every member of parliament should both be free of drugs and free of alcohol."

Mr Nile's call for random drug tests was sparked by controversy this week around the Greens' long-held policy of abolishing criminal sanctions for personal drug use.

Mr Nile said he was not accusing Greens' leader Lee Rhiannon, who is standing by her party's policy, of being a drug user but had his suspicions about other politicians who might indulge in illegal drugs.

"I don't want to name those members but sometimes you have thoughts particularly if they are campaigning to legalise marijuana, cannabis and they think it's a harmless drug," he said.

"I think the deduction could be, if that's their view, that they are using it themselves.

"I understand Lee has agreed to submit to drug testing but I would say that I'd be surprised if there wasn't people in the Green party ... who would be using marijuana but I have no evidence of that."

For his test today, Mr Nile hired an independent firm to carry out a saliva swab test, which can detect whether a person has had alcohol or taken a range of illicit drugs in the past few days.

"I have never drunk a drop of alcohol in my life, let alone (taken) drugs," he quipped before undergoing the test.

State parliament's lone Democrats MP, Arthur Chesterfield-Evans, tried to crash Mr Nile's drug test, saying he had nothing to hide but did not believe all candidates should have to be tested.

"I am quite happy to say I am drug free and I would take the word of my candidates," he said.

Article from the never let the truth get in the way of a good story/lie TELE

Jess n.b. the bolded segment ,I don't know :peace: looks like defamation to me or is it slander ? :toke:
:peace:

what a fuckwit :peace: i guess that since he thinks anyone who wants cannabis reform is on the drug as well, he thinks that people who believe in setting up controlled drag racing strips to get idiot wanna be racers off the streets are going out and racing their cars too B) or even better, people who believe in gay marriage must be gay as well :peace:

what a tool, just goes to show what religion and a lack of experience in life can have you turn out like :toke:

Judge not lest ye be judged... with your own book fella. (your god annointed with and sanctioned cannabis)

Here's a man who stands in the contradiction of religion and politics

going for right wing votes. Publicity too.

Bet a few pollys and cops got nervous for a second tho :peace: