Divinatory Experiences

Paul_Perrett_Orders_in_Council_Statement.docDivinatory Experiences

(And sundry matters)

Dedicated to Ruen, Baron Jay of Ewelme & Mr. Price CBE QC

I don’t advise consulting the tarot when stoned, although I have done. The intelligences which govern it are Mercurial and unscrupulous in deceiving the diviner. This does not mean that they are malignant; they just have a proper pride in their office as Oracles of Truth. In short, if you ask party-time questions you will get part-time answers!

A few months short of a decade ago I became involved in some political matters. The consequences of this have been life changing. At one time I had a woman, a profession, a home, an income and a future to look forward to. Those who knew either respected or tolerated me. There were even a few newspaper articles and television spots, but all of this was years ago. And having devoted myself completely to matters being worked out with the benefit of media gags in most of the English speaking world I’ve lost all of my former friends and associates and these have been replaced by people – if not as obsessed as me, then at least as devoted to the cause.

This brings me back to the Tarot. A friend of mine went to a reader quite some time ago. He told her nothing and she did his spread. She told him many things, including that he was in line for a lot of money and that this was coming from “a court case overseas”. This reading - like all of his readings - was recorded and I have heard them all. Anyway, two weeks later he goes back to the same reader who, being a professional engaged in constant readings, remembers him but not the results of the earlier reading. He gets the same cards.

Now for various reasons he goes to the same women pretty well every two weeks and every time he does he gets the same cards. There are 78 cards in a standard tarot deck and the cards he pulls are almost always in the same position in his spread. So after a few months even the reader is getting perplexed and advises that he goes to someone else just to see what happens. Anyway Christmas intervenes and his bother’s girlfriend gets a tarot deck as a present. She’s never used tarot before so she doesn’t even know how to do a reading. My friend suggests that she learn by doing one for him, he advises her on what to do and the same cards come out!

Somehow weeks later he finds another tarot reader (in the Telephone Directory, I think) and books an appointment with her. When he gets to the place he discovers that the reader is a twenty-three year old homosexual man who dresses in a very feminine manner. This guy lives in the boonies somewhere and obviously has no idea of the matters I and my friend are engaged in. Again the reading is recorded. Again the same cards and the same time period for resolution is specified. The reader even mentions an obscure term that no one else uses but which is full of import for those in the know. My friend is floored (almost literally)!

About a week later this guy visits his brother whose girlfriend has an old acquaintance visiting. This acquaintance used to be a tarot reader until illness prevented her for continuing. Guess what? Same cards, same positions, same time period!

Now the interesting thing is that the cards this guy is getting are basically the same ones I’m getting when I do readings for myself. Moreover, the I Ching is confirming all of the tarot readings I am performing. Most of the cards drawn by me and by my friend are from the Major Arcana and the final tarot suit.

Both my friend and I know a guy who drives a taxi. Through his work he ends up getting invited to a weekend party full of Astrologers. They ask whether he’d like his chart done. With nothing to lose he agrees. After about 45 minutes the two Astrologers return to advise that he has a lot of money coming to him – from “a court case overseas”! These people and my taxi driver mate had never met before.

My friend is given a crystal pendulum and decides to buy me one. We both engage in our own methods of divination. Through using a Seal I contact a specific entity and after some testing ask, ‘Where will my compensation come from?’ The pendulum spells out ‘Britain’. Given that my favorite Apostle is doubting Thomas I put the response down to involuntary muscle movements. So the next afternoon I go through the same procedure, confirm I’ve contacted the same entity and ask the same question, however this time I’d moved the board around so that if it was my mind playing tricks or involuntary muscle movements I’d know. So the entity starts spelling a different word and I know that the answer I’d received before was simply involuntary muscle movement until I realized that the words spelt were ‘United Kingdom’.

On three separate occasions I’ve asked for a time period and received the same answer – although the first two times the answer was spelt phonetically. Intriguingly, the answer I received was independently confirmed by at least two of my friend’s tarot readers.

Al Fish